advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MR Forum Confessions: Songs you belt out at the top of your lungs when no one else is around
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 16, 2020 10:57AM
Michael Bolton - Said I Loved You...But I Lied [www.youtube.com]

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MR Forum Confessions: Songs you belt out at the top of your lungs when no one else is around
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 16, 2020 10:58AM
.....Celine Dion....my heart will go on....and on....and on [ don't forget to slap your chest/heart at ]........

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: MR Forum Confessions: Songs you belt out at the top of your lungs when no one else is around
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 16, 2020 11:02AM
Traffic's John Barleycorn (Must Die)
Weird Al's White and Nerdy
Pure Prairie League's Falling in and out of Love
Jethro Tull Aqualung
Kansas Dust in the Wind

And of course... Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. Except I end up doing the Muppet version... "MAMA ! MAMA ? MAMA MAMA MAMA !"

I lost a lot of the words from my conscious memory when I squished my brain, but the music brings them back, and I start drumming on the steering wheel. Memories are weird, man...
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 16, 2020 11:15AM
Spacehog - “Candyman”
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: November 16, 2020 11:20AM
Brandy - Looking Glass [www.youtube.com]

Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Frankie Valli [www.youtube.com]

Spirit in the Sky - Norman Greenbaum [www.youtube.com]

Fire - The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown [www.youtube.com]

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Spiff
Date: November 16, 2020 11:30AM
St. Elmo's Fire [www.youtube.com]

Land of Confusion [www.youtube.com]

Take Me Home: [www.youtube.com]
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 16, 2020 11:49AM
Crazy Train* by Ozzy Osbourne (although I currently prefer the Liliac cover version)

*Also requires a lot of air guitar too

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 16, 2020 12:03PM
Pretty much anything from Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: voodoopenguin
Date: November 16, 2020 12:15PM
Ariel - Dean Friedman

Actually not necessarily when no one else is around as when the kids were young we had five car tapes that I made up of songs from Sarah's and my past and this was the song that got us all singing at the tops of our voices.

Paul

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 16, 2020 12:31PM
....sometimes you can pretend you are Ariel and that you are 'Part of Your World'......or Jasmine and enjoying 'A Whole New World'.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: November 16, 2020 01:17PM
U2: Where the Streets Have No Name, or I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 16, 2020 01:38PM
Never Let You Go by Steelheart.
Any song by Mariah Carey.

Yes, the surgery is coming along nicely.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 16, 2020 02:00PM
Lew Zealand

Any song by Mariah Carey.

I thought I was the only one.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 16, 2020 02:22PM
Faithfully by Journey

There are many, many, many others. Ha! But in normal times, I work at home alone. I don't have that freedom to crank up my music and jam out now as my wife is always within 25'. Grrrr.
Posted by: wurm
Date: November 16, 2020 03:22PM
Take Me Home Tonight - Eddie Money
Why Can't This Be Love - Van Hagar ;)
Same Old Song and Dance - Aerosmith
Contant Craving - k.d. lang
What You Own - RENT Soundtrack

(and most anything by Yes or The Beatles)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: November 16, 2020 03:22PM
Rick-o
Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You - Frankie Valli [www.youtube.com]

I LOVE YOU, BABY,
AND IF IT'S QUITE ALRIGHT
I NEED YOU, BABY,
TO WARM THE LONELY NIGHT...

It is what it is.
Date: November 16, 2020 03:23PM
rgG

Really? Even "Wish You Were Here"? 'Cause it seems to me that's definitely not a song well suited for belting out at the top of one's lungs.

It is what it is.
Date: November 16, 2020 03:41PM
N-OS X-tasy!
rgG

Really? Even "Wish You Were Here"? 'Cause it seems to me that's definitely not a song well suited for belting out at the top of one's lungs.

Having belted out that very song on 2 non-consecutive occasions I'll argue that rgG was really referring to Echoes.

Or possibly Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: November 16, 2020 05:47PM
Smoke on the water....Deep Purple
Paranoid....Black Sabbath
Mississippi Queen.... Mountain

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 16, 2020 06:42PM
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eyed Blind. The long version. I can sing the entire song without the song.
Date: November 16, 2020 08:47PM
Heard one in the car on the drive home: "You're The One That I Want" by Mr. Travolta and Ms. Newton-John.

It is what it is.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: November 16, 2020 10:39PM
Five that all really strain my vocal cords, I can't really reach the highs they do, but they're each iconic in their own way:

[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2020 10:44PM by PeterB.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 16, 2020 11:07PM
Lew Zealand
Never Let You Go by Steelheart.

Guilty!
"Where Did You Sleep Last Night" Nirvana
"Road Runner" The Modern Lovers
"Total Eclipse Of the Heart" Bonnie Tyler, but I sing the Dan Band Version
[www.youtube.com]
"Rock Bottom" KISS

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Date: November 17, 2020 01:15AM
PeterB
[www.youtube.com]

Yeah, this one also does it for me. "My Immortal", too. Her voice is amazing.

EDIT: OK, you did that on purpose.

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2020 01:19AM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: November 17, 2020 10:18AM
"Shotgun" by Jr. Walker and the All Stars.
Date: November 17, 2020 01:24PM
Honorable mention: the entire soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Had it memorized one upon a time but may miss a beat here 'n there nowadays.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 17, 2020 02:12PM
Lew Zealand
Honorable mention: the entire soundtrack to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Had it memorized one upon a time but may miss a beat here 'n there nowadays.

It's astounding!!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: November 17, 2020 05:06PM
Lew Zealand

"It's astounding...."

It is what it is.
Date: November 17, 2020 05:39PM
N-OS X-tasy!
PeterB
[www.youtube.com]

huh smiley

Date: November 17, 2020 05:58PM
PeterB
N-OS X-tasy!
PeterB
[www.youtube.com]

huh smiley

The last link you provided -- I clicked on it and went down the Amy Lee rabbit hole.

It is what it is.
Date: November 18, 2020 12:12AM
N-OS X-tasy!
PeterB
N-OS X-tasy!
PeterB
[www.youtube.com]

huh smiley

The last link you provided -- I clicked on it and went down the Amy Lee rabbit hole.

Ahhh... that's a pretty deep rabbit hole. That woman has a serious set of pipes on her. [www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 80
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020