advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Barbarian no more?!.....Conan O'Brien exits late night talk show.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 17, 2020 12:38PM
......will trade-in for weekly variety show on HBO Max.....talk show ends June 2021......

Conan O'Brien to Exit Late-Night After 28 Years, Launch Weekly Variety Show at HBO Max — Read Statement

.....Conan O’Brien‘s eponymous talk show is coming to an end.

WarnerMedia has announced that TBS’ Conan will conclude at the end of its 10th season in June 2021, marking the end of O’Brien’s 28-year stint in late-night television. He will continue to host his signature Conan Without Borders travel specials for TBS, and launch a new, weekly variety series for HBO Max.

“In 1993, Johnny Carson gave me the best advice of my career: ‘As soon as possible, get to a streaming platform,'” O’Brien said in a statement. “I’m thrilled that I get to continue doing whatever the hell it is I do on HBO Max, and I look forward to a free subscription.”

Added HBO and HBO Max Chief Content Officer Casey Bloys, “Conan’s unique brand of energetic, relatable, and at times, absurdist, comedy has charmed late-night audiences for nearly three decades. We can’t wait to see what he and the rest of Team Coco will dream up for this brand new, variety format each week.”

O’Brien made the move to TBS following the infamous Tonight Show debacle in November 2010. Beginning with Season 9, the series shifted to a half-hour format. Including NBC’s Late Night and The Tonight Show, O’Brien will have hosted more than 4,300 episodes of television by the time his TBS series comes to an end next year.

the end........?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Barbarian no more?!.....Conan O'Brien exits late night talk show.....
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 17, 2020 12:40PM
I had no idea he still had any kind of show.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: vision63
Date: November 17, 2020 12:44PM
I watch his show, which is still funny. Oh well.
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: November 17, 2020 01:17PM
The last 3 episodes I watched on TBS had him doing that string dance and appearance by the bear in the diaper that does a NSFW act. I felt as though I watched the same show three times and never tuned in again.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: sekker
Date: November 17, 2020 01:34PM
pRICE cUBE
The last 3 episodes I watched on TBS had him doing that string dance and appearance by the bear in the diaper that does a NSFW act. I felt as though I watched the same show three times and never tuned in again.

Maybe you shouldn't have left the episode on autoplay...! smiling smiley
Posted by: Will Collier
Date: November 17, 2020 03:31PM
I watched his very first show after taking over for Letterman, and haven't watched one since.

(In fairness, that had much less to do with O'Brien himself than the fact that I finished school at about that time and now had to get up early to go to work.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 164
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020