advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Adventures in Big Sur
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: November 17, 2020 01:40PM
So I decided to go to Big Sur on my MacBook Air 2017, which is not my primary machine. I started out from the Bay Area and headed south to Monterrey....wait, wrong trip!

I downloaded the update and proceeded to install. After a few hours it stalled out and I called Apple Support. They had me force power down while holding several keys (cmd/shift/option...who remembers and then hitting the power again and within 30 seconds the progress bar finished and there I was in Big Sur. Now to get familiar with things. Maybe tomorrow I'll update my 2020 iMac.

peace

Asheville, NC Area
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Adventures in Big Sur
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 17, 2020 02:57PM
MartyStickle
So I decided to go to Big Sur on my MacBook Air 2017, which is not my primary machine. I started out from the Bay Area and headed south to Monterrey....wait, wrong trip!

I downloaded the update and proceeded to install. After a few hours it stalled out and I called Apple Support. They had me force power down while holding several keys (cmd/shift/option...who remembers and then hitting the power again and within 30 seconds the progress bar finished and there I was in Big Sur. Now to get familiar with things. Maybe tomorrow I'll update my 2020 iMac.

peace

That's the way I did it on my MBP. Next step was to switch out backgrounds to the cool CA Highway One dynamic with the Bixby Bridge visible.
Re: Adventures in Big Sur
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 19, 2020 12:29PM
Upgrade voodoo!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 77
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020