advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FU to: Photoshop pros: any quick way to remove power lines on complex background? - completed photo
Posted by: JoeM
Date: November 17, 2020 01:51PM
Following up on my original post here:
[forums.macresource.com]

It took about 20 hours to completely remove all the power lines and cables in the original photo. I'm happy with the results and it was kind of fun to do but it was also quite tedious and I will not be anxious to do it again anytime soon.

Original photo:

Completed photo:

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FU to: Photoshop pros: any quick way to remove power lines on complex background? - completed photo
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 17, 2020 01:55PM
I thought I saw one flaw, but it was just a corgi hair on my screen.

Excellent work.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Re: FU to: Photoshop pros: any quick way to remove power lines on complex background? - completed photo
Date: November 17, 2020 02:02PM
Markintosh
I thought I saw one flaw, but it was just a corgi hair on my screen.

Excellent work.

LOL, been there done that! Thanks!

JoeM
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: November 17, 2020 02:08PM
It took you so long, the weather changed. smiley-signs154

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 17, 2020 02:14PM
Bravo!

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 17, 2020 02:14PM
Hey, that's great. I missed that original thread, and it's a good take on some of getting back into Photoshop for a project I need to complete.
Posted by: STL
Date: November 17, 2020 02:25PM
Wonder if it would have just taken 2 hours with M1?
Posted by: mikebw
Date: November 17, 2020 02:28PM
Great work, could be a portfolio piece if you wanted to get into more work, but it sounds like no.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: November 17, 2020 02:55PM
Excellent. smiling smiley (the parking sign is crooked stick poke smiley )

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: AllGold
Date: November 17, 2020 04:29PM
Nice! It really looks like you reshot it.

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 17, 2020 04:41PM
Very well done, indeed!
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: November 17, 2020 05:31PM
Looks phanstasmagoric. And the cropping is nice, too.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: November 17, 2020 07:39PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Shaddup. That’s “authenticity”. It’s a ‘thing’ these days. big grin smiley
Posted by: blooz
Date: November 17, 2020 07:41PM
Good job! I've had to do that a couple times, tho not with so many lines! It is tedious.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: A-Polly
Date: November 17, 2020 08:33PM
Nice work! Now you deserve a break... smileys with beer
Date: November 17, 2020 08:36PM
STL
Wonder if it would have just taken 2 hours with M1?

I don't think so. I did it on a 12 core 2019 Mac Pro with 96GB RAM. I saw that the 8 core 2019 MP beat it on the Geekbench multi-core thingie test so I feel good for now. (but ask me again when M2 comes out)

JoeM
Date: November 17, 2020 08:38PM
Filliam H. Muffman

LOL! I didn't even think about straightening it. Now you've made more work for me!smiley-laughing001

JoeM
Date: November 17, 2020 08:39PM
Blankity Blank
Filliam H. Muffman

Shaddup. That’s “authenticity”. It’s a ‘thing’ these days. big grin smiley

Yeah! That's the ticket! (if you don't put a quarter in the meter)

JoeM
Date: November 17, 2020 08:40PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

JoeM
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 17, 2020 08:52PM
JoeM
Filliam H. Muffman

LOL! I didn't even think about straightening it. Now you've made more work for me!smiley-laughing001

Just delete it.

Still looks crooked to me. Maybe the blue porch roof is throwing off.

aawesome work tho

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Date: November 17, 2020 11:00PM
jdc
JoeM
Filliam H. Muffman

Just delete it.

Still looks crooked to me. Maybe the blue porch roof is throwing off.

aawesome work tho

Thanks, Now that I look at it, that’s a good idea. It would be a nicer image without it. Yes, there are parts that are not straight. The right side of the house on the right is plumb but other parts of it and the house on the left are not in alignment with the section that is. Perspective transform and Distortion transform got it where it is. I suppose I could composite the different sections that still need straightening or use puppet warp but it would be more work and it really doesn’t bother me as is now.

JoeM
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 18, 2020 12:09AM
Very nice work!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Michael
Date: November 18, 2020 06:09AM
What a great job. I surely don't have the patience (nor skill!) to do something like that.
Posted by: Schpark
Date: November 18, 2020 09:16AM
Should remove the crooked parking meter too as long as you are taking out the sign. wink smiley
Date: November 18, 2020 10:58AM
Schpark
Should remove the crooked parking meter too as long as you are taking out the sign. wink smiley

Yes you guys talked me into it now.

JoeM
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 18, 2020 05:31PM
Maybe just straighten the meter. It's just that it's crooked. If it were straight, it would hardly catch the eye.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020