advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Thanksgiving PSA: One week left. Get that food order in!
Posted by: d4
Date: November 18, 2020 09:24PM
Thanksgiving PSA: One week left. Get that food order in!

If you're like me (and many others) who will not be spending Thanksgiving with extended family and friends this year because of Covid, this year is the perfect time to order a prepared Thanksgiving meal from a restaurant for take-out and save yourself the trouble. Also places like William Sonoma, and Harry&David deliver meals as well for Thanksgiving.

There's one week left. Get that food order in!

I'm guessing there will be MANY more people than past years who are going to be ordering prepared meals this year for Thanksgiving.

There's a restaurant by me who will be offering Turducken (+ stuffing, gravy, cranberry, and 2 sides) by the plate for take-out. No need to purchase the entire Franken-Bird. Open on Thanksgiving. Stop by the bakery on the way for pie. And we're golden. So looking forward to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 09:27PM by d4.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Thanksgiving PSA: One week left. Get that food order in!
Posted by: rgG
Date: November 18, 2020 09:32PM
I don’t know what in the world we are going to eat for Thanksgiving. Just me and hubby this year.
Husband only likes dark meat of the turkey, and not really much of a turkey fan at all.
I don’t eat meat.
The only thing I really like about thanksgiving is dressing and cranberry sauce and dessert, of course.
We need to figure this out, lol.
Luckily, Kroger is open that day and it is about a two minute walk, so we have a back up. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 18, 2020 09:37PM
rgG
I don’t know what in the world we are going to eat for Thanksgiving. Just me and hubby this year.
Husband only likes dark meat of the turkey, and not really much of a turkey fan at all.
I don’t eat meat.
The only thing I really like about thanksgiving is dressing and cranberry sauce and dessert, of course.
We need to figure this out, lol.
Luckily, Kroger is open that day and it is about a two minute walk, so we have a back up. smiling smiley

Go with drumsticks then for hubby.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 18, 2020 09:41PM
Never trust someone who wont pretend to like turkey.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 18, 2020 10:16PM
RgrF
Never trust someone who wont pretend to like turkey.

Pretend. Exactly.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: November 18, 2020 10:20PM
It's just going to be my wife and I and our son that still lives with us. Wife says she's doing the whole enchilada. I'm trying a turkey on the grill, first time ever.

How to grill your turkey on Thanksgiving!
[www.howsweeteats.com]

Grateful11

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 10:27PM by Grateful11.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 18, 2020 11:49PM
Just me and my wife this year. Zoom with any family that wants to do so.

Mrs Markintosh is vegetarian and will eat sides. I bought a small turkey to roast and ingredients for basic sides. I love Thanksgiving and can eat leftovers, plus freeze some turkey for later use.

We tried the "prepared meal" strategy from Safeway last year and that was a total joke. We selected to pickup the day before. The precooked turkey was frozen. Thawing and heating the next day took as long as cooking from scratch. The sides all came pre-packed frozen in a big cardboard box from some factory.

The funny thing is, when our son was younger, we used to put the turkey in the smoker the night before, then go skiing on Thanksgiving day. Then it was instant mashed potatoes, canned yams, jar gravy and cranberry sauce, and a store bought pie. Coming home from skiing, it would only take about an hour to pull dinner together. Skiing as a family was the more important part of the day, as most days of the season our son had ski team.

I still plan to go skiing on Thanksgiving for at least a couple of hours if COVID allows....

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2020 11:49PM by Markintosh.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 19, 2020 12:19AM
One of the nicer parts of Thanksgiving turkey dinner - is the homemade turkey soup that follows a few days later.
Posted by: jdc
Date: November 19, 2020 12:25AM
rgG

Just the 4 of us this year -- and no one here likes turkey, so we just do chicken. Wife makes a kinda of lightly breaded pan fried version with thin sliced breasts that's delicious.

All of the rest of the "normal" sides -- cranberry, mashed P, green beans, stuffing, etc -- dinner might take an hour or so to put together. easy peasy.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: RecipeForDisaster
Date: November 19, 2020 05:00AM
Just the two of us and we don’t eat meat. We have a breaded roast and lots of sides in mind... roasted Brussels sprouts, real mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, stuffing, who knows what else. Homemade ice cream cake?

I’m so relieved that even the in-laws don’t think we should get together for dinner. I thought we’d have to convince them.

I think we’ll go sea kayaking in the morning if it’s allowed by then. We might be in lockdown.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 19, 2020 08:05AM
.....so order hookers and booze......now.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 19, 2020 04:21PM
Grateful11
It's just going to be my wife and I and our son that still lives with us. Wife says she's doing the whole enchilada. I'm trying a turkey on the grill, first time ever.

How to grill your turkey on Thanksgiving!
[www.howsweeteats.com]

Time for temp change of screen name to "Grillful11" thru EOY...., or maybe "WeberBBQGrate-ful11"....?

We've done smaller, 11-12 lb., birds on the grill in similar fashion w/ great success. In-laws have massive commercial BBQ island in backyard, so that helps. Kinda have a hankering to try a bigger turkey once the pandemic is over (if we survive it....). Let us know how big you go, and how it turns out.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020