advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
If you were free to do whatever you wanted for the christmas season...
Posted by: davemchine
Date: November 27, 2020 03:56PM
If you were free to do whatever you wanted for the christmas season what would it be? I'd ditch all of the snow, decorations, and family events and trade it for a season doing this:

I stole it from Reddit
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: If you were free to do whatever you wanted for the christmas season...
Posted by: testcase
Date: November 27, 2020 04:14PM
I AM free to do what I want for the Christmas Season (and all of the rest of the year too). I'd simply keep on doing exactly what I have been doing; living as a Full Time RVer (since June of 2018). Of course, Covid-19 changed everything so, MOST travel is NOT a good option for the foreseeable future (and of course most of 2020 has been shot to hell). There is just SO much to see, do and explore across America and, a nice RV is an excellent way to do it! As long as I'm healthy enough to drive a big RV, I'm going for it! I realize that there will com a time where I'll need to "hang up the keys". Several older friends have already had to make that decision and, I highly respect that hard choice they made. I have a "Plan B" in place for when that time comes for me. Until that time arrives, I'll be extra prudent re Covid-19 and enjoy what I safely can.

I'm SAFE and isolating in place. I hope ALL forum members are safe too. thumbs up smiley
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: November 27, 2020 05:28PM
I'd visit family for a couple of days, then friends in Hawaii, and then move on to a leisurely world-tour.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 27, 2020 05:30PM
....strip to me....unmentionables.....and do a 'Lady Godiva'........????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: November 27, 2020 07:59PM
I've worked every Xmas since 2006, so the prospect of just doing nothing is pretty appealing. With luck, that could happen. Depends on whether people travel.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: davester
Date: November 27, 2020 10:56PM
I'd be skiing my butt off. However, since I have a ski pass that excludes holidays and because skiing during christmas would be dangerous due to the virus, I will happily sit at home and wish for better opportunities in the future.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 28, 2020 05:40PM
davester
I'd be skiing my butt off. However, since I have a ski pass that excludes holidays and because skiing during christmas would be dangerous due to the virus, I will happily sit at home and wish for better opportunities in the future.

skiing has to be one of the safest things you can do, in terms of a sport/activity, no? just don't hang out in the lodge (which will probably be off-limits for lounging anyway).
Posted by: blooz
Date: November 29, 2020 01:04AM
Go to the Caribbean and fagedabodit.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.
—Friedrich Nietzsche
Western Massachusetts
Posted by: davester
Date: November 29, 2020 12:20PM
mrbigstuff
davester

skiing has to be one of the safest things you can do, in terms of a sport/activity, no? just don't hang out in the lodge (which will probably be off-limits for lounging anyway).

Well, bicycling, which I've been doing a lot of, is safer than skiing since there are no lift lines, lodges, chairlifts, gondolas, etc. The actual skiing part is totally safe. The problem is that getting to the slopes with friends, accommodations, eating out while in the ski area, riding the shuttle from parking to the lift, etc. all have logistical issues to deal with if you are going to stay safe. Also, being in crowds of out-of-staters from places where social distancing and masks are being shunned is dangerous. I will do some skiing, but not during crowded periods and only with careful logistical planning.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 93
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020