advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ride of the Valkyries?!....waiting for the last 10 episodes of 'Vikings' final season to air....??
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 02, 2020 12:13PM
......you may have to wait longer......Amazon will debuTT them on Dec. 30th, they will not air on History, so unless you have Amazon Prime Video.....you won't be able to see the end.....

.....'Vikings' was canceled last year.....the first half of final season aired almost a year ago.....no word on when they will air on History.....

Vikings Twist: Final 10 Episodes to Premiere on Amazon

.....Vikings‘ very end will arrive this winter — and in a strange, different place.

Amazon Prime Video will premiere the History series’ final 10 episodes on Wednesday, Dec. 30, in the U.S., UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland.

The first half of Vikings‘ supersized farewell run launched almost a year ago, and ended back on Feb. 5. There is no word yet on when the History channel itself will host the final episodes

And just to remind you/make it all seem even weirder, Netflix is developing the Vikings: Valhalla spinoff. The gods be crazy!

“Prime Video has already delighted Prime members with all five-and-a-half seasons of Vikings”, Brad Beale, VP of Worldwide Content Licensing, said in a statement. “On December 30, Prime members in the US, UK, Germany, Austria and Ireland will be the first to learn the fates of the beloved characters as the epic drama concludes in the final 10 episodes.”

As the saga nears its end, “the tumultuous conflict between the Rus and Vikings comes to a conclusion with grave consequences,” reads an official synopsis. “While in Iceland, Ubbe is determined to fulfill his father Ragnar’s dream and sail further west than any Viking has traveled before. And there is unfinished business in England. The Vikings have established settlements there, and over-run most of the country – except for Wessex. The King of Wessex, Alfred the Great, is the only Saxon ruler to seriously challenge their complete domination. Ivar the Boneless must again face, in battle, the King he only knew as a boy for a final reckoning.”

Says Vikings creator and writer Michael Hirst, “Our monumental saga is coming to its conclusion, but not before you’ve had to chance to watch some of my all-time favorite episodes. Prime Video will uniquely expose the series finale to a streaming audience first. Prepare to be astonished, and for many surprises along the way. And if you have tears to shed, then also be prepared to shed them.”

Released at this summer’s Comic-Con @ Home fan event, the clip below — from the Season 6B premiere — shows Oleg (played by Danila Kozlovsky) receiving Holy Communion and then readying for battle alongside Ivar (Alex Høgh Andersen). Though given how things left off, their vast army is quite surprised by whom they eventually see approach from over yonder.

not airing.......on History......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2020 02:04PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Flight of the Valkyries?!....waiting for the last 10 episodes of 'Vikings' final season to air....??
Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 02, 2020 12:21PM
This show looks intriguing...I've been wondering about whether it's worth the time. Any big fans of it here?
Re: Flight of the Valkyries?!....waiting for the last 10 episodes of 'Vikings' final season to air....??
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: December 02, 2020 12:33PM
Alfred wasn't called "the great" until he had lived, defeated the Vikings in battle, and died.
Posted by: btfc
Date: December 02, 2020 01:29PM
“ This show looks intriguing...I've been wondering about whether it's worth the time. Any big fans of it here?”

The first few seasons were really good, but I lost interest after that.

“ Alfred wasn't called "the great" until he had lived, defeated the Vikings in battle, and died. “

That’s not what she said.
Re: Ride of the Valkyries?!....waiting for the last 10 episodes of 'Vikings' final season to air....??
Posted by: Michael
Date: December 02, 2020 02:22PM
We watched it as it ran on History. I found it on Amazon a month ago and I've been watching it again. Generally it's worthwhile although the later seasons aren't as good as the first ones, in my opinion.
Posted by: Marc Anthony
Date: December 02, 2020 05:49PM
SteveO
This show looks intriguing...I've been wondering about whether it's worth the time. Any big fans of it here?

I'm a fan and highly recommend it. The story arcs are well told and epic. The actors are all talented, and that opening score is haunting... more, give me more, give me more.

Le poète doit vivre beaucoup, vivre dans tous les sens. - Verlaine
Re: Ride of the Valkyries?!....waiting for the last 10 episodes of 'Vikings' final season to air....??
Posted by: iaJim
Date: December 03, 2020 07:55AM
I'm glad to find that there will be a conclusion. Good tv.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020