advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
lost my main apple mail window? Catalina Fixed.
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 08, 2020 09:56PM
ugh... for the love of all... I cant seem to get it back?

cant find anything by googling... nothing worked.

its only the side bar and the email list... but no preview pane?

What Am I missing...

It seems to be a series of steps. You have to enable colunme view, then show side panel. But side panel wont show, unless you drag it over 1/3 way from the right. Then uncheck 'show side panel" you get a small gray dot at the bottom of the main window. Drag up to get main window

PITA, I must have clicked and dragged somewhere I wasn't supposed to.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2020 11:14PM by jdc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: lost my main apple mail window? Catalina
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 08, 2020 10:28PM
In other versions of the macOS, you would hover your cursor over the right side of the window and the cursor would change, flipping to show either a double-headed arrow or a left-facing arrow. Click and drag when it's a left-facing arrow and you should be able to expose the preview panel.

...Not sure if it works the same way in Catalina.

Posted by: GGD
Date: December 08, 2020 10:52PM
I'm most familiar with the "Classic" view mode, and on other versions of Mac OSX. In those, there was a separator between the bottom of the message list, and the preview area, and you can drag that separator up/down to change the amount of space allocated for each section.

If you drag the separator all the way down to the bottom of the window, the preview area goes away. That's the mode I always use. Try dragging the separator at the bottom of the message list upwards to reveal the preview area.
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 08, 2020 11:16PM
GGD
I'm most familiar with the "Classic" view mode, and on other versions of Mac OSX. In those, there was a separator between the bottom of the message list, and the preview area, and you can drag that separator up/down to change the amount of space allocated for each section.

If you drag the separator all the way down to the bottom of the window, the preview area goes away. That's the mode I always use. Try dragging the separator at the bottom of the message list upwards to reveal the preview area.

Thanks.. Catalina changed it all. There is no longer a "Use classic layout" option anymore.

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Re: lost my main apple mail window? Catalina Fixed.
Posted by: chopper
Date: December 09, 2020 05:33PM
"never update" -- Chopper
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020