advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I need to create a blog, with CMS features... simple? hard?
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 09, 2020 03:59PM
I can/dont mind maintaining or building iit -- but want all of the content to come from my clients.

So some sort of CMS, where they enter text, images, links, etc and it populates the site, formatted ready to go. I guess it would be similar to all those beauty/house/whatever blogs.

Should I be hiring a company to do it? or easy enough to do on my own.

It needs to look professional, not something I tossed together in golive.

Any and all insight welcome.

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I need to create a blog, with CMS features... simple? hard?
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: December 09, 2020 04:50PM
You could just create a simple Wordpress site and give the other people editorial rights so all they can do is add content.

Posted by: Markintosh
Date: December 09, 2020 06:00PM
That would definitely work.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: jdc
Date: December 09, 2020 06:28PM
Sure... but I want more than basic...

something along the lines of this?

[studio-mcgee.com]

----

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: clay
Date: December 09, 2020 07:05PM
yeah, that is totally possible with Wordpress and a good theme. That sample site is a Wordpress site, with what looks at first glance like a custom theme, FYI.

I'd probably look at using one of the Wordpress page builders. Beaver Builder (the paid version) gets my vote for my client sites. Skip Elementor, unless they've fixed the issues they were having back in September with a botched new version rollout. I don't like Divi for a variety of reasons. But please skip any versions of "Visual Composer" that often come with various themes you might buy at codecanyon.net (their themes sometimes look good, but they are @#$%& in so many ways.) After you pick your builder, then either choose a separate theme, or do like I do and use Beaver Themer to essentially create a bespoke theme for each site.

I guess in your case it kind of depends on what you're hoping to offer to your clients....whether you're looking to setup a sort of "build once, use multiple times (with some adjustments)" or a custom site for each one. And your price point.

Some people may suggest Squarespace, and you could do it there, too, but I'm not a fan of the closed ecosystem and lack of control over the sites that you can build there. You're completely at their mercy.

You could DIY a solution, but I think you'll be better off finding someone to partner with in some capacity, at least for the build-out of the site. PM me if you need any help.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 158
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020