advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Heard The Nashville Bomb Explode This Morning
Posted by: jh
Date: December 26, 2020 12:22AM
Live 9 miles from downtown. Was asleep and it woke me up thinking something hit the house.

2nd Ave buildings on the river side run to 1st Ave which is next to the Cumberland River. The buildings on 2nd are over 100 year old warehouses and such buildings that riverboats use to come up the river and unload in them. The buildings were originally open inside from 1st Ave to 2nd Ave as warehouses. All were remodeled and converted to stores, restaurants, apartments condos, etc., over the years. Many businesses cater to the tourist trade. Would have been a mess if the bomb when off unannounced during normal hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2020 12:48AM by jh.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Heard The Nashville Bomb Explode This Morning
Posted by: SKYLANE
Date: December 26, 2020 12:38AM
I have a friend in Nashville that lives about two miles where the blast was. He was quite alarmed by it today as well....
Posted by: DP
Date: December 26, 2020 06:41AM
Would have been a mess if the bomb when off unannounced during normal hours.

Yes, interesting that the perp(s) announced it when it would have been far more damaging otherwise.

...more music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: December 26, 2020 07:30AM
Hearing an explosion at close range in real life is quite an experience.

A relatively small building exploded about a half block from me, due to a damaged gas line. As jh said, it felt and sounded as if something large had hit the building I was in. And looking out the window, at first glance, you would have thought someone had dropped a bomb on the neighborhood.

That one small experience gave me an idea how terrifying wartime bombing like the blitz or Dresden must be.
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 26, 2020 09:01AM
Would have been a mess if the bomb when off unannounced during normal hours.

I am still scratching my head trying to understand this one. I recall that Timothy McVeigh guy (not sure if I spelled his name right) blew up a truck in Oklahoma City and killed 170+ people. Whoever did this in Nashville, wanted to show off their capabilities, but didn't want to kill people. Did they show some small degree of humanity in their act???
Posted by: DP
Date: December 26, 2020 10:20AM
I think it's more like, "See what I can do? I'm doing this to prove you aren't as good as you think you are at preventing this from happening. But I don't want a murder charge added if I get caught!" .

...more music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 26, 2020 11:17AM
When I was a little kid sleeping over at my grandparents' house, a house a few blocks over exploded due to a gas line leak. That woke me up, and I'm one of the world's soundest sleepers. (My apartment building was once on fire (a small fire, nothing major) but even with alarms going off throughout the building it took the firemen banging on my door and wall to wake me and bring me to the door.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: December 26, 2020 01:49PM
Terrorists. Likely domestic.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 27, 2020 07:59AM
And just as potentially, a suicide instead.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: December 27, 2020 10:04AM
Glad he was the only death. When I heard about it I was hoping there would not be a second bomb to "get" the responders. It happens with Suicide Bombers.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 120
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020