advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
oopsie?!......Tanya Roberts is still alive......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 04, 2021 05:45PM
.....there was an miscommunication.....husband thought she was dead but hospital informed him today that she is still alive.....she is still in hospital and in dire straits....

Tanya Roberts Is Still Alive, Despite Being Declared Dead

.....Despite earlier reports to the contrary, actress Tanya Roberts did not die on Sunday, according to a new statement obtained by TMZ.

Roberts’ rep Mike Pingel explains that Roberts’ husband Lance was contacted by Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Monday morning to inform him that she is still alive. Lance had believed that Roberts was dead on Sunday night, at which point he passed the news along to Pingel, who confirmed it to the media. Roberts, 65, was hospitalized in Los Angeles after collapsing on Christmas Eve and was placed on a ventilator.

Roberts is known to many as Midge, the mother of Donna Pinciotti (played by Laura Prepon), on That 70’s Show, a woman who was consistently the center of attention to all the young neighborhood guys. She appeared in 81 episodes (1998-2004) throughout the Fox comedy’s eight-season run.

She’s also beloved for her year-long stint on Charlie’s Angels, playing Julie Rogers in Season 5 (1980-1981). Her character helped fellow Angels Kris and Kelly (Cheryl Ladd and Jacyln Smith, respectively) solve crimes until the series’ cancellation in 1981. Her other TV credits include The Love Boat, Silk Stalkings, Fantasy Island, The Blues Brothers Animated Series and Barbershop.

mistake.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 05:49PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: oops, mistake?!......Tanya Robert is still alive......
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 04, 2021 05:48PM
Yep, definitely no problem in LA hospitals right now. Nope. No visitors and they can't even figure out if someone is dead or alive. You would think that there wouldn't be any ambiguity in those conversations.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Re: oopsie?!......Tanya Roberts is still alive......
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 04, 2021 06:03PM
So... only mostly dead, then?

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 06:04PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 04, 2021 06:08PM
N-OS X-tasy!
So... only mostly dead, then?

Lol
Where is Billy Crystal when you need him?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 04, 2021 06:09PM
C(-)ris
Yep, definitely no problem in LA hospitals right now. Nope. No visitors and they can't even figure out if someone is dead or alive. You would think that there wouldn't be any ambiguity in those conversations.

Right now in L.A. County, one person dies from COVID every ten minutes. Hospitals are so overwhelmed that ambulance crews were instructed today not to transport patients who have little chance of survival. These are not normal times — it is not hard to imagine how a mistake like this could happen.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: January 04, 2021 06:33PM
All I can think of is:

Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 04, 2021 07:40PM
N-OS X-tasy!
C(-)ris

Right now in L.A. County, one person dies from COVID every ten minutes. Hospitals are so overwhelmed that ambulance crews were instructed today not to transport patients who have little chance of survival. These are not normal times — it is not hard to imagine how a mistake like this could happen.

Latest on local news is one new case every six seconds, and one death every eight minutes....
==
Date: January 04, 2021 07:46PM
Buzz
N-OS X-tasy!
C(-)ris

Latest on local news is one new case every six seconds, and one death every eight minutes....
==

That could be correct. I tried to find the article where I'd read those statistics and was working from memory.

EDIT: Yeah, I remembered it right - here's the article. Of course, things may have gotten worse since this was written - according to the LAT, the COVID death rate in CA is 44% higher than it was 14 days ago:

[www.latimes.com]

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 07:51PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 04, 2021 09:06PM
I’m not dead!

Too dark?
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 04, 2021 09:27PM
Putting all the jokes aside, I'm very glad to hear this news ... and wishing a speedy recovery for her. (I can't seem to find anything that mentions that she's in "dire straits", as Newt says ... the closest I've found is saying that she's in critical condition, which means she could still recover... depending on what it is that she's got.)

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 04, 2021 09:52PM
The only thing that would make this mistake worse is if the hospital says, "Oh, sorry, yeah she really is dead."

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 04, 2021 10:18PM
.....news just said that she is in ICU and not doing well.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: January 04, 2021 10:58PM
NewtonMP2100
.....news just said that she is in ICU and not doing well.....

Sad news. sad smiley ... I wonder if it is corona and they just don't want to say for some reason...?

Date: January 04, 2021 11:17PM
Buzz
N-OS X-tasy!
C(-)ris

==

85 dead of COVID in L.A. County yesterday, today looks to be about the same.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 04, 2021 11:39PM
PeterB
Putting all the jokes aside, I'm very glad to hear this news ... and wishing a speedy recovery for her. (I can't seem to find anything that mentions that she's in "dire straits", as Newt says ... the closest I've found is saying that she's in critical condition, which means she could still recover... depending on what it is that she's got.)

What's she's got is an overwhelmed hospital system staffed by exhausted personnel with inadequate resources. Los Angeles is the last place you want to be if you have any sort of exigent medical issue.
Date: January 04, 2021 11:48PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Buzz
N-OS X-tasy!
C(-)ris

==

85 dead of COVID in L.A. County yesterday, today looks to be about the same.

Freewheeling here but as I recall California has about the same population as Canada and California has recorded about 10,000 more deaths than the entire of Canada. By the end of this month that figure may triple.
Date: January 04, 2021 11:50PM
RgrF
PeterB

What's she's got is an overwhelmed hospital system staffed by exhausted personnel with inadequate resources. Los Angeles is the last place you want to be if you have any sort of exigent medical issue.

I'm well aware of that, so I'm not sure why you brought it up. It's not like she intended to collapse, or to collapse in another city.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 05, 2021 12:59AM
according to the LAT, the COVID death rate in CA is 44% higher than it was 14 days ago

That just reenforces my opinion that it's far too soon to make jokes about people dying of COVID.

It makes me feel the same as someone in a high place of authority saying COVID was nothing to worry about.

People get the flu and they get over it.

Uh huh.

According to the county COVID dashboard, Alameda County to date has 53,714 known cases and 656 deaths.

It also shows some pretty horrific spiking for Dec-Jan.

It also doesn't surprise me that the largest age group of cases is the 18-30yo.

I hope Ms. Roberts pulls through, along with any and everybody else who's afflicted.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 05, 2021 03:53AM
RAMd®d
according to the LAT, the COVID death rate in CA is 44% higher than it was 14 days ago

That just reenforces my opinion that it's far too soon to make jokes about people dying of COVID.

It makes me feel the same as someone in a high place of authority saying COVID was nothing to worry about.

People get the flu and they get over it.

Uh huh.

According to the county COVID dashboard, Alameda County to date has 53,714 known cases and 656 deaths.

It also shows some pretty horrific spiking for Dec-Jan.

It also doesn't surprise me that the largest age group of cases is the 18-30yo.

I hope Ms. Roberts pulls through, along with any and everybody else who's afflicted.

Am I misunderstanding? As I’ve read it, she has not been diagnosed with Covid.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: January 05, 2021 10:23AM
Blankity Blank

They may not have tested her with the initial misinformation about her passing. And there are enough cases around that results may be delayed. So eventually her husband and representative may know more and release that. What exactly she is sick from hasn't been stated yet, and I expect the hospital is in serious CYA mode for having messed up the notification.

Hope she pulls through, she was born just a few months after I was so no teen crush as some have mentioned. She was a decent actor in the shows and films I saw her in, and 65 is too young.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 10:24AM by JoeH.
Date: January 05, 2021 10:51AM
She passed away this AM.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 05, 2021 12:01PM
JoeH
Blankity Blank

They may not have tested her with the initial misinformation about her passing. And there are enough cases around that results may be delayed. So eventually her husband and representative may know more and release that. What exactly she is sick from hasn't been stated yet, and I expect the hospital is in serious CYA mode for having messed up the notification.

They are saying that the cause of death was a UTI infection that spread to her other organs.

I wonder whether she was holding off on seeing a doctor because of COVID.

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 05, 2021 01:04PM
A damn shame, all around.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: srf1957
Date: January 05, 2021 09:30PM
I don't think people realize they have a problem . My mom ended up in the hospital 4 years ago because of it . Then had to go back on antibiotics again about 4 months later .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 62
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020