AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Ok this time reports of Tanya Roberts passing are true
Posted by: JoeM
Date: January 05, 2021 11:47AM
RIP

[apple.news]

JoeM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 12:13PM by JoeM.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ok this time Tanya Roberts is really dead
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 05, 2021 11:55AM
Could you maybe revise the headline to something... gentler?

The cause of death is astonishing. I never thought of a UTI as a potentially fatal infection.

Date: January 05, 2021 12:12PM
Sarcany

The cause of death is astonishing. I never thought of a UTI as a potentially fatal infection.

Sure, I was quite surprised that a UTI was the cause of her passing. I was wondering if the fact that hospitals there are so stressed might have somehow contributed to what happened.

JoeM
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: January 05, 2021 12:13PM
JoeM
Sarcany

Sure, I was quite surprised that a UTI was the cause of her passing. I was wondering if the fact that hospitals there are so stressed might have somehow contributed to what happened.

I'm absolutely sure that was a contributing factor. An L.A. County hospital is the absolute last place you want to be just now.

It is what it is.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 05, 2021 12:15PM
.....according to article, the mistake was made by husband......he says that 'she seemed to pass away' in his arms [ he assumed ].....he was the one who told her press agent that she had passed......so it wasn't the hospital's fault.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 12:19PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 05, 2021 12:17PM
Tanya would appreciate Joe's directness...

at least she would've back in the 1980's.
Not sure about her attitude post Barry, however.
R.I.P.
==
Date: January 05, 2021 12:18PM
N-OS X-tasy!
JoeM
Sarcany

I'm absolutely sure that was a contributing factor. An L.A. County hospital is the absolute last place you want to be just now.

Apparently deaths due to other causes besides COVID were up last year. I heard partly due to people staying away from seeking treatment.

[www.nytimes.com]

JoeM
Re: Ok this time reports of Tanya Roberts passing are true
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 05, 2021 12:40PM
Seemingly routine infections can take you out if untreated. That's why antibiotics were such a game changer in the 20th century. Death from a UTI, or even an infected cut, was just reality for our ancestors.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 12:42PM by Acer.
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: January 05, 2021 01:35PM
I realize this is poor taste, but it's almost comical.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 05, 2021 03:00PM
There has been a radio ad running a lot, for a hospital chain saying it's safe to see a doctor about one's medical concerns.

Latest protocols, etc., an teleconferencing.

I don't know if the ad is still running as of today, given the pressure put on hospitals today.

Dying from a UTI infection, however possible, is still a relatively needless death, and very sad to say the least.

Maybe not quite on the same scale, a few years ago, a friend, 72, fell and broke his hip, and immediately went to hospital.

However, he died of a systemic infection after the surgery, while in hospital.

I still can't wrap my head around it, especially as he was in great health otherwise, no underlying medical conditions.

He was a great guy, a proud Scot, a gentle man, and literally a gentleman and a scholar.

He made us laugh and is still sorely missed.

I've known this to be a not uncommon result of elderly being treated for a serious break, most commonly a broken hip, but I never expected...

So, Ms. Robert's passing at 62 isn't that much of a surprise, now knowing the root cause.

It's still sad.

RIP, Ms. Roberts.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: January 05, 2021 03:21PM
“UTI” is an understatement. She had urosepsis as a complication of pyeonephritis (kidney infection), a serious complication of a lower (e.g. bladder) UTI.

Preventing these complications is why UTI’s are taken seriously and so often treated with antibiotics.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: January 05, 2021 04:26PM
The sad fact is that one needs to either be their own medical advocate or have someone who can put emotions aside to take that role. Dying as the result of an infection is a sad commentary these days.
Posted by: kj
Date: January 05, 2021 04:43PM
macphanatic
The sad fact is that one needs to either be their own medical advocate or have someone who can put emotions aside to take that role. Dying as the result of an infection is a sad commentary these days.

Agreed. There are a lot of complicated, unnatural, conflicting incentives. I used to think I had a pretty good handle on how healthcare works, but I think it's a whole new level now. You better pay attention, because no one cares like you do!
edit:
Be involved, ask questions, for you and your loved ones. I can honestly see that it annoys health care providers, at times, but it is necessary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2021 04:45PM by kj.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 05, 2021 06:31PM
I don't think I would have survived my appendicitis last March if I'd waited much longer to seek treatment. As it was, after surgery they pumped me full of a ton of antibiotics for days.

Posted by: neophyte
Date: January 05, 2021 07:41PM
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria can make treatment difficult, and unsuccessful. The same with antibiotic-resistant yeast (especially Candida species). The latter is a major cause of mortality after joint replacement in seemingly healthy people who acquire the infection in hospital. Many fewer antibiotics are available to treat fungal infections compared to those available to treat bacterial infections.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 162
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020