advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to get through to a “busy server” website
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 11, 2021 07:31PM
I have been trying to get through to our county website to get Covid vaccine appointment for my husband. Apparently they did not plan on more then two or three people using the site, so I get a perpetual server busy error.
Should I just keep hitting refresh till I maybe get in?
I got in once but when I hit book it, it returned an error message. Just shoot me. cursing smiley

Any other tricks to get in?

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to get through to a “busy server” website
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 11, 2021 07:41PM
Try late night or early morning, 1 AM to 4 AM local time.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: January 11, 2021 07:44PM
Filliam H. Muffman
Try late night or early morning, 1 AM to 4 AM local time.

Yeah. I am a bit of a night owl, so I will be trying it late tonight, but not sure I’ll have any better luck.
I am so angry

Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 11, 2021 09:13PM
Honestly, I'd write a program to do it.

What was the error message? You might just be able to hit reload to hit the same form. The challenge is to get through the process before your session expires.

Date: January 11, 2021 10:17PM
mattkime
Honestly, I'd write a program to do it.

What was the error message? You might just be able to hit reload to hit the same form. The challenge is to get through the process before your session expires.

Server Busy
The server is busy and can't respond to your request. Please try again later.

This is what I get. But, sometimes the page will load, but with no dates available, so I think there are more problems than just the server being busy.
The one time I could see the dates and times I got the “something went wrong” message when I hit submit.
They have been saying the site has been down, so I don’t know if it really is just busy or is really broken.
I should just give up and try another day, but I keep trying anyway. Lol

Posted by: Markintosh
Date: January 11, 2021 10:28PM
Maybe if you give us the site, we can all try to see if it is busy?

emoticon-animal-022

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Date: January 11, 2021 10:54PM
Markintosh
Maybe if you give us the site, we can all try to see if it is busy?

emoticon-animal-022
Thanks.
Now it is sometimes loading with a time or two showing up, but it won't complete the booking. It is just Farked up, I think, probably a number of issues.
I will try again before I go to bed, then try again tomorrow.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 11, 2021 11:16PM
I think using this would be very helpful. let it run off to the side and interact with it when you see a successful page load. [chrome.google.com]

---

There was a moment where I was able to load the page. It looks like its attempting to load data from a ms office cloud service. I don't think there are any time slots available. Just an educated guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2021 11:30PM by mattkime.
Date: January 11, 2021 11:37PM
mattkime
I think using this would be very helpful. let it run off to the side and interact with it when you see a successful page load. [chrome.google.com]

---

There was a moment where I was able to load the page. It looks like its attempting to load data from a ms office cloud service. I don't think there are any time slots available. Just an educated guess.

Yeah, most times no slots show up, then other times do.
Even if a time shows up, it won’t let you book it. God only knows who they got to put this abomination together. It’s not like it’s a life saving vaccine they are trying to give out or anything. RollingEyesSmiley5

Thanks anyway, for giving it a look.

Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: January 12, 2021 07:24AM
Similar situation here in NC with both special phone numbers and web sign up. We bypassed that by just going in person to the Health Dept and signing up. got appts for Thursday. But now they’ve put a stop to that. Anyway, I think the main problem is that there just isn’t enough doses. Good luck.. It’s good to be old...sometimes.

Asheville, NC Area
Date: January 12, 2021 09:05AM
MartyStickle
Similar situation here in NC with both special phone numbers and web sign up. We bypassed that by just going in person to the Health Dept and signing up. got appts for Thursday. But now they’ve put a stop to that. Anyway, I think the main problem is that there just isn’t enough doses. Good luck.. It’s good to be old...sometimes.

Glad you found a work around.
I guess I will just have to wait till they get their act together, which will be who knows when.
No real way to get through other than signing up online and that doesn't seem to work.
I have signed up to get notified by several other sites, but I am not holding my breath.
This is just another epic fail on something that should not be that hard to do.

BTW, site still not working this morning. I did find out that a friend's daughter-in-law supposedly was able to get her grandparent's an appointment through that website. How, I have no idea.

Date: January 12, 2021 10:35AM
Found out my 89 YO mom got on the list at her health dept. Not from any of the online registrations I did for her. She did what I asked and called the health dept, which she can literally walk to, since she lives across the street from the hospital, and left a message on the answering machine. Thankfully the lady that works there did call her back and told her they would call her as soon as they get any of the vaccine.
At least one small victory.
Maybe if I faxed my health department rather than going through the website. RollingEyesSmiley5

Posted by: Randalls
Date: January 12, 2021 11:54AM
I was putting a freeze through the 3 credit agencies. Safari would NOT work but Firefox did. Agent suggested Chrome. Just a guess that it is browser dependent?
Date: January 12, 2021 12:52PM
Randalls
I was putting a freeze through the 3 credit agencies. Safari would NOT work but Firefox did. Agent suggested Chrome. Just a guess that it is browser dependent?

Tried all three browsers that I have. tried on mobile iPhone and iPad.
I do suspect that since I have been told it is a site dependent on MS that maybe a Windows machine might have been a plus, but who really knows.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2021 02:55PM
.....if a server is too busy....try showing a bit of 'chesticle'......not all of it.....just a tease.....doesn't always work to get his/her attention.....some times....they are just too busy.......but you can tip less......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 105
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020