advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Can Windows support 3008 x 1692 resolution on a 4K display?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2021 05:59PM
I have a 4k monitor hooked up to my Mac, which I run at a scaled resolution of 3008*1692, via displayport.

I tried to do the same on a Windows (10) laptop (lenovo), but it doesn't "offer" this as a resolution. Also using displayport.

I googled that resolution, and all I get are Mac-related pages.

Any ideas?

Laptop has Intel graphics and 32 GB RAM installed. It's about 4 years old (L4-Something). It will drive two 30" LCDs at 1600p.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Can Windows support 3008 x 1692 resolution on a 4K display?
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: January 12, 2021 06:17PM
Maybe.

You should be able to add a custom resolution in the Intel Graphics Command Center using these instructions:

[www.intel.com]

I'm on a NUC in Windows with Intel integrated graphics and have Intel Graphics Command Center installed. However when I click on the Display option the idiot thing just sits and spins (!) at Refreshing.

How, eh, refreshing to have Windows fail again to do something useful.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 12, 2021 09:16PM
Otherwise, Windows does have a scaling feature. 125% should be close enough

3840/1.25 = 3072
2160/1.25 = 1728

[www.windowscentral.com]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 12, 2021 10:42PM
Running it half of the XDR display is a little odd... is there a reason you want that specific resolution?

It's been six years, but I have used preference file editors to get specific resolutions in Win 7 (Win10 should be very similar). This is the process for a Dell that I would guess has at least a 4th generation Intel Core CPU/GPU.
https: //www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000125286/why-custom-resolutions-are-removed-from-latest-intel-graphics-control-panel

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 13, 2021 09:18AM
Thanks for the info!

Filliam H. Muffman
is there a reason you want that specific resolution?

I am trying to replace a dead 30" monitor with 2560x1600 resolution.

I have a 32" 4K and the 3008x1692 is the closest I can get.

It will run at 1440 just fine, but for a 30"+ monitor, I prefer the 1600p.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: January 13, 2021 12:12PM
Lew Zealand
Maybe.

You should be able to add a custom resolution in the Intel Graphics Command Center using these instructions:

[www.intel.com]

I'm on a NUC in Windows with Intel integrated graphics and have Intel Graphics Command Center installed. However when I click on the Display option the idiot thing just sits and spins (!) at Refreshing.

How, eh, refreshing to have Windows fail again to do something useful.

Hi guys, I tried this again later in the day and it worked perfectly, don't know what the issue was earlier. Manually set my 2560x1440 monitor to a 1792x1008 resolution for Rocket League. Intel iGPU on this NUC gets 60fps at 900p but around 52fps at 1080p and wanted to split the difference. Turns out 1008p is perfect for this!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020