advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Name a "Grippy" iPhone Case?
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 14, 2021 05:34PM
So back in the day, I had this nifty, grippy silicone case for my U2 iPod. It was basically a non-slip silicone. Very unlike many of today's silicone / TPP (or whatever that funky plastic is called) cases that slide around easily in your hands, a car seat, dashboard, etc. I think the brand was iSkin. I have since used that brand for all my iPhones going back to '07, but they don't make anything for the 12 series, at least from what I've been seeing on their site.

Anyone found a grippy case for iPhone lately that you'd recommend? I can do the legwork on if there's a 12 model. I bought a cheapie from the local discount store, but it's slippy, not grippy! Help, por favor? Gratz.

Sincerely,
Slip-Sliding Away in KS
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Name a "Grippy" iPhone Case?
Posted by: Robert M
Date: January 14, 2021 05:42PM
SteveO,

Here you go:

[www.amazon.com]

[www.amazon.com]

Got the Kung FU grip model for my dad for his iPhone 11. He's happy with it. I have the Gripzilla for my 11 Pro. Got it in place an Otterbox Defender. It's been very good. They both work with wireless chargers.

Get a screen protector, too.

I like models from Maxboost.

This should be the one for an iPhone 12. Confirm before purchasing, though.

<[www.amazon.com]

Robert
Posted by: jdc
Date: January 14, 2021 05:43PM
[forums.macresource.com]

Edited 999 time(s). Last edit at 12:08PM by jdc.
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 14, 2021 05:47PM
[www.amazon.com]
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: January 14, 2021 07:03PM
I’ve used Speck cases for my iPhones, the kind with the grippy strips. They’ve been great. I have not dropped my phone often, but it has hit the pavement a couple of times, with no damage.

[www.amazon.com]

If and when I get a new phone, I will get another Speck case.

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 14, 2021 07:29PM
It's taken me some getting used to, but I'm liking my battery case for my iPh12PM. It's grippy and is giving me at least +1/2 - 1 day extra use, so I'm not having to charge for about 1-2 days.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 14, 2021 08:41PM
The NuGuard KX Case from our sponsor. Best case ever...Period
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 14, 2021 08:53PM
.....an iPhone case.......that has a case of 'the Grip'.......????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: SteveO
Date: January 14, 2021 10:37PM
Cool. Thanks, all!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 15, 2021 05:26AM
Carm

As far as I know, they don’t make a case for any 11 or 12. At least they didn’t when I wanted to buy three cases for an 11. I ended up with Otterboxes.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2021 05:26AM by Speedy.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 15, 2021 07:34AM
....you.....otter......know.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 15, 2021 11:44AM
ka jowct
I’ve used Speck cases for my iPhones, the kind with the grippy strips. They’ve been great. I have not dropped my phone often, but it has hit the pavement a couple of times, with no damage.

[www.amazon.com]

agree smiley

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: tortoise
Date: January 15, 2021 11:50AM
Carm

Sorry Carm but I will have to take exception to that "Best case ever" comment. I had the KX case for both my old 6S+ and my wife's 8 plus and while the KX does an good job of protecting the phone, the buttons are stiff and difficult to operate even with moderate hand strength that I have and almost impossible for my wife. I just purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and on the recommendation of a friend got the Otter Box Defender case and it is far superior to the KX case in all aspects. First and foremost the buttons operate easily and furthermore the shock protection is also superior to the KX design with an inner Polycarbonate shell and the outer is a Synthetic rubber slipcover similar to the KX material. Of course he cost is more than the KX but you get what you pay for, but the convenience of buttons that work is worth the extra $20 that I paid on Amazon for the Otter Box.
Posted by: Carm
Date: January 15, 2021 10:29PM
tortoise
Carm

Sorry Carm but I will have to take exception to that "Best case ever" comment. I had the KX case for both my old 6S+ and my wife's 8 plus and while the KX does an good job of protecting the phone, the buttons are stiff and difficult to operate even with moderate hand strength that I have and almost impossible for my wife. I just purchased a new iPhone 12 Pro Max and on the recommendation of a friend got the Otter Box Defender case and it is far superior to the KX case in all aspects. First and foremost the buttons operate easily and furthermore the shock protection is also superior to the KX design with an inner Polycarbonate shell and the outer is a Synthetic rubber slipcover similar to the KX material. Of course he cost is more than the KX but you get what you pay for, but the convenience of buttons that work is worth the extra $20 that I paid on Amazon for the Otter Box.
This is true about the buttons, not an issue for me.
Better protection, would be rubber/tpu shell and then polycarbonate outer shell. Like the commuter series.
Posted by: Cary
Date: January 16, 2021 09:32AM
I've been using Poetic and Smart ish cases the last couple of years. Very happy with them.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 16, 2021 09:29PM
rjmacs
ka jowct

[www.amazon.com]

agree smiley

agree smiley

They work great, but some colorways beget crazy prices, so keep your eyes open for fluctuations.
==
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020