advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OWC Vindicated!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 19, 2021 11:01PM
You may remember that last week I posted about problems Marco Arment was having with getting full ethernet speed from an OWC Thunderbolt dock not reaching full speed, as described in the usually fine Accidental Tech Podcast. [forums.macresource.com]

But the problem was not with the dock, as Marco confesses in the follow podcast: [atp.fm]

Starting about 14 minutes in, we have a FULL CONFESSION from Mr. Arment that indeed, the problem was NOT from the fine OWC dock, but due to something in his wiring.

So props to OWC for having fine products, and to Marco for being willing to own up when he was wrong.

And all's well that ends well.....
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OWC Vindicated!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 19, 2021 11:14PM

Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: January 20, 2021 12:52AM
FULL CONFESSION?

Sounds like you've been spending waaaay too much time somewhere else.

Or do you have some kind of tech conspiracy theory you'd like to float.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 20, 2021 08:20AM
It’s just a little humor. I thought it was fun!

RAMd®d
FULL CONFESSION?

Sounds like you've been spending waaaay too much time somewhere else.

Or do you have some kind of tech conspiracy theory you'd like to float.
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 20, 2021 11:14AM
Was all the stuffing up one end?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 20, 2021 07:21PM
Most of the popular Podcasters are pretty light on technical skills and quick to jump to conclusions without research or testing. I figured they were wrong in the first place.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 20, 2021 08:22PM
C(-)ris
Most of the popular Podcasters are pretty light on technical skills and quick to jump to conclusions without research or testing. I figured they were wrong in the first place.

Mr Arment is not your typical podcaster: He wrote the excellent Overcast app!

I’m Marco Arment, and I’m a web and iPhone software developer, writer, and podcaster in Westchester county, New York.

[marco.org]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: January 20, 2021 11:48PM
Rolando
C(-)ris

Mr Arment is not your typical podcaster: He wrote the excellent Overcast app!

I’m Marco Arment, and I’m a web and iPhone software developer, writer, and podcaster in Westchester county, New York.

[marco.org]

I know plenty of programers who couldn't reinstall the OS on their laptop, build a PC, troubleshoot a network issuem, or install Visual Studio to save their lives. Just because he is good with one aspect of computers doesn't make him an expert in all aspects. An Electrical Engineer that can build a laptop PCB isn't going to be able to write a desktop app. Completely different skillset.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2021 11:48PM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 21, 2021 07:19AM
C(-)ris
I know plenty of programers who couldn't reinstall the OS on their laptop, build a PC, troubleshoot a network issuem, or install Visual Studio to save their lives. Just because he is good with one aspect of computers doesn't make him an expert in all aspects. An Electrical Engineer that can build a laptop PCB isn't going to be able to write a desktop app. Completely different skillset.

You're really reaching there....so I will say 'alrighty, then'

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 176
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020