advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Final Wording for Ebay listing--any thoughts/suggestions?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 20, 2021 04:14PM
Thanks to everyone for their comments on my earlier post:
[forums.macresource.com]

I'm taking those suggestions into this final version. Any further thoughts are welcome! (Note: the Title is probably long; I'll edit it down when I find out how ebay lets it be)

Mac Pro-5,1-Six Core 3.46GHZ Refurbished & UPGRADED!~ 2009 flashed to official Apple 2010 BIOS, 2TB SSDs, 4TB HDs, USB 3.1Gen2, Bluetooth, MSI Gaming Radeon Rx 560. Extremely fast machine with lots of horse power

You are bidding on a refurbished 2009 Mac Pro flashed to official Apple 2010 BIOS (so it’s identical with a 2010 Mac Pro). This very fast loaded Apple Mac Pro 5,1 is my personal Mac Pro, lightly used, with major, major upgrades in anticipation of the audio and video editing that I never did (so it’s never been stressed). Overall, the computer is in very good shape. I’ve tested it, and it is in great working order, with minor marks as seen in the photos; I blow out any dust regularly. The system runs perfectly; it’s smooth, and fast. I’ve never had a problem with it. This machine has been restored to a clean install of Mojave; you can install any version of MacOS from 10.5 through 10.15 OS if you prefer (listed below).

This computer is still one of the fastest Mac computers available, and is amazing for Video Editing, Audio Editing, Graphics work or pretty much anything you can throw at it. Due to its expandability it is also one of the most versatile Macs.

Processor:
Upgraded to 6-core Intel Xeon 3.46GHz CPU, with 256KB L2 cache per core and 12MB of L3 cache, Hyper-Threading Technology. Geekbench 4 score: 3,034 single-core; 13,727 multicore

RAM
16GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC RAM (PC3-10600) (upgradeableto 48GB)

BIOS
Upgraded to 144.0.0.0.0

Storage:
2 TB of SSD:
1 TB ADATA sx8200 PRO NVME SSD (one of the early, fast ones) in 4x PCIe card, measured with Amorphous Diskmark at 1640MB/s read, 1510MB/s write.
1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD connected at full SATA III Bandwidt via an Apricorn Solo PCIe card (with data connector for additional SATA drive)
4TB of HD
2TB HD
1TB HD
1TB HD
Internal Apple DVD Burner Superdrive (Burns/Reads DVD's and CD's)

Graphics Card
MSI Gaming Radeon RX 560 (4GB of RAM, 3 ports: HDMI 2.0, DP 1.4 HD, DVI-D). Can run 3 monitors simultaneously.

Connectivity
USB 3.2 PCIe card installed. Rated at 10GBps transfer speed, up to 2x as fast as USB 3.0 connections. 1 USB C port and 1 USB A port (each rated for 10G/s)

Factory original Bluetooth card

Factory original ports:
5 USB 2.0 ports
4 Firewire 800 ports
2 Ethernet ports

Apple-original power cord.

Bonuses:
A PCIe card with 4 SATA III ports
A Firewire 800/USB 2.0 hard drive dock

Officially supported MacOS Versions
10.5-Leopard
10.6-Snow Leopard
10.7-Lion
10.8-Mountain Lion
10.9-Mavericks
10.10-Yosemite
10.11-El Capitan
10.12-Sierra
10.13-High Sierra
10.14-Mojave

Unofficially Supported Max OS Versions (via dosdude’s patcher)
Catalina
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Final Wording for Ebay listing--any thoughts/suggestions?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: January 20, 2021 05:32PM
horsepower is one word.
==
Posted by: hal
Date: January 20, 2021 05:49PM
Mac Pro-5,1 6-Core 3.46GHZ / flashed to 2010 BIOS 2TB SSD Radeon Rx 560 16GB RAM

The above headline is above is the max 80 characters - I removed the unimportant (as best I could) stuff and added RAM.

Remove the reference to Catalina - you don't want to guarantee that it's compatible with 10.15 supported or not. When they do it and all hell breaks loose, they will say, 'but you said...' regardless of what you actually said. Those small HDDs might be a negative. Offer to remove them before shipment upon request.

Good listing overall - I do long wordy descriptions and some complain, but not the buyers :-)
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 20, 2021 06:34PM
This Mac Pro is really really spectacular, it is the greatest Mac to ever wear the Pro name,
It is Huuuugggge!

Sorry, don't block me

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: January 20, 2021 07:07PM
Literally LOL!

DinerDave
This Mac Pro is really really spectacular, it is the greatest Mac to ever wear the Pro name,
It is Huuuugggge!

Sorry, don't block me

Dave
Posted by: neophyte
Date: January 21, 2021 11:35AM
Minor point: Does flashing the BIOS block booting into 10.5 Leopard? IIRC, the 5.1 models came with 10.6.3 or .4 originally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 154
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020