advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Interesting Accent
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 01, 2021 08:34PM
I lost interest in the video pretty quickly, but the narrator's accent was fascinating.

EmFASSis on the wrong syLAABuls, a kinda sexy 'swishiness'...

Is it Russian/eastern Slavic?

[youtu.be]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Interesting Accent
Posted by: srf1957
Date: February 01, 2021 08:56PM
That almost sounded like the computer generated voices on the weather service radio broadcasts .
Wrong in flection on some words . It said 10 lives lost in a storm as where someone lives . They used to tell you to contact them if you heard a mistake in syntax .
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: February 01, 2021 08:57PM
Not sure on the accent, but the weight listed for the Mirage is way off, as in about 1/5th of what it should be.

[en.wikipedia.org]

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: timg
Date: February 01, 2021 09:21PM
sounds more like some chinese people I've interacted with ...

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 01, 2021 09:22PM
Does seem like a Russian accent, with a bit of "stewardess" on top.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 01, 2021 10:41PM
I’ve heard some Swedes speaking English that have that sort of cadence.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 01, 2021 11:36PM
srf1957
That almost sounded like the computer generated voices on the weather service radio broadcasts .
Wrong in flection on some words.

It’s entirely possible that’s exactly what it is. I’ve encountered many such videos on the interwebs, especially in recent years.

It is what it is.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: February 02, 2021 06:25AM
I'd say it's a computer to text voice.

Those sentences are far too long without a breath, and the next sentence continues very quickly.

I can also hear little glitches in the speech.

The syllabic emphasis is unnatural, and the cadence too even.

LOVE the T-38 Talon and F-4 Phantom.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: tenders
Date: February 02, 2021 02:22PM
That sounds like voice synthesis using a South African accent. The voice was recorded saying a lot of words/memes, and software stitches them together. Some times, more effectively than other times.

A lot of weird YT videos are created this way - they can be assembled using low-cost overseas labor without requiring a convincing recordable English speaker to appeal to wide audience.
Posted by: davester
Date: February 02, 2021 10:11PM
Computer text to voice program. n
No brainer.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 03, 2021 07:39AM
sonds a little like my Ukrainan friend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020