advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
EcoBee FU
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: February 02, 2021 09:36AM
As reported in this thread EcoBee Rough Start, our new EcoBee Smart with Voice did not start off smoothly.

After two weeks, we received a new unit in the mail and swapped it out for the old unit that was doing the white screen inferno mode. It only took about 10 minutes to physically put the new unit on the old mount and update my account at EcoBee to reflect the new unit.

All has gone well in using the EcoBee as a sort of smart thermostat over the last two weeks. It was a bonus to not have to trot downstairs to turn it up or down from the bedroom.

Two days ago, I finished the HomeKit setup for the EcoBee. It's our first HomeKit device so that took a bit of learning. Complicating things, the Home application evolves with each revision of iOS so YouTube tutorials only have a partially correct answers. But after an hour of tinkering it's done.

When we both leave the house, it automatically goes to 62°. As either one of us pulls back in the driveway, it goes back to 69°. Plus you can now just tell Siri what temperature you want. Ecobee does include sensors for whether or not rooms are occupied, but having dogs in the house makes it think someone is always home.

Next challenge will be getting a MyQ for the garage door.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 09:36AM by Markintosh.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: EcoBee FU
Posted by: Bixby
Date: February 02, 2021 09:55AM
I'm kind of addicted to the beestat app.
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: February 02, 2021 02:31PM
Markintosh
Next challenge will be getting a MyQ for the garage door.

…or: [forums.macresource.com]
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: February 02, 2021 05:14PM
Yeah I read that and I am not convinced on the other one. I don't need nor want Alexa or Google Assistant. but thanks....

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 116
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020