advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I need a bathroom exhaust fan/light/heater under $150. Please recommend one.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: February 04, 2021 11:51PM
It needs to be the one with the cover about 15" (guessing) square. I lean toward PANASONIC but could be convinced to get a Braun. A pretty basic one is OK. A timer would be OK but not necessary. It doesn't have to be quiet. The three switches are already in the wall (this is a replacement.) I'm getting two identical ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2021 11:52PM by Dennis S.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I need a bathroom exhaust fan/light/heater under $150. Please recommend one.
Posted by: John B.
Date: February 05, 2021 08:20AM
Panasonics are great (I have 2). Last time I bought one, Amazon seemed to have a good assortment/pricing. I've never associated the timer to the fan - always in the wall switch.

If it's important to you, last time I bought one (about 2 years ago) you had to watch carefully for whether the unit came with CFL bulbs or a LED light - and the LED units were more expensive.

Edit to add...
1) If "needs to be quiet" isn't on your list it kind of negates the Panasonic advantage
2) Make sure you shop for a retrofit model if you're intending to install in an existing finished ceiling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2021 09:58AM by John B..
Re: I need a bathroom exhaust fan/light/heater under $150. Please recommend one.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: February 05, 2021 08:31AM
I have had a Panny for over 10 years and going strong. banghead smiley (knocking head on wood!)

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 05, 2021 09:43AM
As best I can tell panasonic models go for a premium so you'd need to increase your budget. That said, I've installed a number of them and I'm quite happy. I went with moisture sensors and led lights with a night light feature. I justified the expense because it should prevent mildew problems in the future.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2021 10:12AM by mattkime.
Posted by: Cary
Date: February 05, 2021 09:46AM
Another vote for Panasonic - quiet and effective.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 05, 2021 10:39AM
......what about changing diet......so the smell is not so offensive..........???

....or candles.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Z
Date: February 05, 2021 05:24PM
After you've heard one Panasonic (or, well, not heard), it's pretty hard to go back to the loudness that is the Broan default stuff. Concur with above - it's worth going a few bucks beyond your stated budget if need be for the Panny.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: February 05, 2021 05:47PM
I thought a noisy one to lessen the embarrassment for guests was desirable to some people.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 05, 2021 08:18PM
Still another vote for Panasonic. Put one in after the ancient, noisy, inefficient one died twice a little over 4 years ago. A slight budget buster, but as the rest have noted; well worth it. Replaced the old motor/fan mechanism w/ new parts from Home Depot... only worked for a couple of weeks. Got new Panny unit and wall switch, been better than ever, since.
==
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020