advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
C. Covid Signed for a USPS Package I Never Received
Posted by: Billybob
Date: February 06, 2021 03:36PM
I ordered an Apple Watch from Ebay. I was hanging out in the backyard when USPS came. They left a "Sorry We Missed You" note in my mailbox. However, when I tried to reschedule delivery, the item was no longer in their system. Moreover, tracking stated that it had been delivered with a "C.Covid" signing.

Of course, no one signed for the package, and it was not delivered. When I check my Nest camera I learned what happened. The postal worker attempted to deliver. I heard her say, "I'll just put it behind this pot" (apparently she was talking to a coworker on a headset) and started to walk away. She then changed her mind, retrieved the package and placed the notice in my mailbox. So, it's all out of sequence: she delivered the package before telling me she couldn't deliver the package. That may be why they are having trouble tracking the package.

I've filed a search request, but haven't heard anything from USPS. I will call them Monday, but at some point, I have to let the seller know that this is his loss. The buyer is not responsible for an item that is lost by USPS.

But indecision is a killer. Once she logged the package as delivered, she needed to have left it regardless of the signature requirement (like other carriers are doing). If she wanted to be by the book, she needed to have never logged the package as delivered.

I am not optimistic that the package will turn up. Am I too pessimistic?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: C. Covid Signed for a USPS Package I Never Received
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: February 06, 2021 03:41PM
Was this today? If so, you are overreacting. It will get delivered on Monday.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 06, 2021 03:42PM
a month or so ago i got a text that FedEx had delivered a package. I was back in my office and hadn't gotten any kind of motion detection notification from my Wyze cameras. I checked outside/around my house; no package. No events were recorded by my cameras. 3 minutes later the FedEx truck shows up and delivers my package. Didn't get back outside in time to suggest to the driver to FIRST deliver the package then mark it as delivered.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 06, 2021 04:22PM
graylocks
a month or so ago i got a text that FedEx had delivered a package. I was back in my office and hadn't gotten any kind of motion detection notification from my Wyze cameras. I checked outside/around my house; no package. No events were recorded by my cameras. 3 minutes later the FedEx truck shows up and delivers my package. Didn't get back outside in time to suggest to the driver to FIRST deliver the package then mark it as delivered.

A few years ago we were waiting for a UPS overnight delivery of a very important document needed that day. It was supposed to be delivered by 10:30AM for the level of service used. I was standing outside the entire time while checking tracking. Suddenly marked as "delivered" but no sign of a truck.

I immediately got on the phone with UPS, after repeatedly telling me that they have no way to contact their drivers, they somehow did reach him, and told me it would be delivered soon.

I finally figured out what was going on. It was getting close to the guaranteed delivery time, and the delivery was probably going to be a little bit past the deadline, so the driver scanned it as "delivered" ahead of time in order to appear "on-time".
Posted by: tronnei
Date: February 06, 2021 04:47PM
Billybob
Moreover, tracking stated that it had been delivered with a "C.Covid" signing.

USPS is not getting actual signatures anymore to reduce possible exposure of their delivery people to the virus. "C. Covid" is their way of telling you that.
Posted by: Billybob
Date: February 08, 2021 03:05PM
tronnei
Billybob
Moreover, tracking stated that it had been delivered with a "C.Covid" signing.

USPS is not getting actual signatures anymore to reduce possible exposure of their delivery people to the virus. "C. Covid" is their way of telling you that.

Yes, an Internet search revealed this, and no, the missed delivery didn't happen Saturday, Feb 6 rather it happened Saturday, Jan 30.

They said wait at least 3-biz days before calling, so I called this morning. Unfortunately, worked called, so I was forced to hang up before talking to anyone. About an hour later, however, I got a call in the middle of my class. When I checked the message on break, the clerk was deeply apologetic and reported that the package was sitting around the postoffice. I picked it today.

I guess if I had called earlier, then would have searched for it earlier. I know times are difficult everywhere, and USPS in particular has been devastated, but I wish it didn't take a phone call to get someone to search for a package that was sitting in plain sight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2021 03:06PM by Billybob.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020