advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Sirius XM - still finding ways to tick me off.
Posted by: JoeM
Date: February 16, 2021 01:35PM
While I think Sirius XM is one of the slimmest companies around, I had found a way to exist with them by doing the usual 6 month renewal boogie for some years now until today. Calling up with 2 days left on my contract, I was offered a $5 and change lifetime subscription with no need to call back to renew at anytime. However there was one catch. It required a charge card. I could not receive a yearly invoice.

When I told the guy I was not interested in giving them my credit card and had been paying by invoice for a number of years I was told the only offer availability to me was the one mentioned and it required a credit card. If I wasn’t interested I could cancel the subscription. This is something new from them. I’m going to try calling back later.

Has anyone gotten invoice billing recently? I’m wondering if they have ended it.

JoeM
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sirius XM - still finding ways to tick me off.
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 16, 2021 02:08PM
$5 dollars a month? That's pretty compelling. They just snatch my money off of my card every month.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: February 16, 2021 02:22PM
No, all my renewals have been with a credit card. It is paid yearly, however, not monthly.

Two things... My deal is only for a year, not lifetime. Second, mine is $5/month = $60/year, but the total comes out to about $72 because of extra fees. If they are offering $5/month straight up, I would take it (but I bet it comes out to about $6/month).

Posted by: Michael
Date: February 16, 2021 02:55PM
You are better than me!

Last time they called and offered $5 a month for a year I told them I'd do it if I could do it for 3 years and if I got an email confirming the 3 years for $5 a month. He hung up on me...

As much as I've insisted I'll never do something I can't cancel online, I'd probably go ahead and do the Sirius deal with a credit card if they'd send me something that confirms the $5+ a month.
Posted by: Dubya
Date: February 16, 2021 03:50PM
Is that 5 a month just for one vehicle or receiver or does it include Sirius app connection too?

Dubya
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 16, 2021 03:55PM
Dubya
Is that 5 a month just for one vehicle or receiver or does it include Sirius app connection too?

Dubya

Yeah, I actually listen to the app more often.
Posted by: btfc
Date: February 16, 2021 04:22PM
“ I was told the only offer availability to me was the one mentioned and it required a credit card. If I wasn’t interested I could cancel the subscription.”

Are you Sirius?
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: February 16, 2021 06:02PM
Diary of a Sirius XM Subscriber:

Day 1: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, it really hurt.
Day 2: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, it still really hurt.
Day 3: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, I was shocked to find it continued to really hurt.

Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: February 16, 2021 06:10PM
Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Diary of a Sirius XM Subscriber:

Day 1: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, it really hurt.
Day 2: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, it still really hurt.
Day 3: I hit myself in the face with a ball-peen hammer, I was shocked to find it continued to really hurt.

I subscribe to Siriux XM and I'm pretty sure a ball-peen hammer has never come anywhere near my face.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: February 16, 2021 06:51PM
Got my $4.99 plus fees (here that's $6.29/month) offer for "Select" for a year via chat for a radio that had been de-activated for several years.

I don't call places...I always use chat for customer service.

Plus they gave me a trial of the top plan (includes streaming) for free for 3 months before I start getting charged.

So that's zero for 3 months then $6.29/month for a year, then ~$25/month if I forget to call and re-negotiate.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2021 06:53PM by Bill in NC.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: February 16, 2021 07:05PM
Siriux XM rocks, it’s Sirius XM that’s troublesome. But the worst is Siriux SM, they’re downright sadistic.

Date: February 16, 2021 08:45PM
Dubya

Dubya

One car and the app included.

JoeM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2021 08:45PM by JoeM.
Date: February 16, 2021 08:47PM
But what I’m wondering about is are the 6 month with invoicing deals over?

JoeM
Posted by: Bo
Date: February 17, 2021 12:04AM
I did my 6 month sub with mailed invoice (no credit card on file with them) this past November. So it was still an option as of then.

Just went to the site to check on my account but it's down for maintenance. The site does look totally different than when I paid my bill back in November.
Date: February 17, 2021 01:23PM
Today I called and got switched to their text customer service due to call volume. I was offered a continuation of my plan for 6 months, same price with invoice payment which I took. Go figure.

JoeM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020