Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
lets see if fedex ground can move a package 850 miles to my doorstep in one day
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 17, 2021 07:20AM

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: lets see if fedex ground can move a package 850 miles to my doorstep in one day
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 17, 2021 07:22AM
They just issued an alert due to winter weather. So they won't.
Re: lets see if fedex ground can move a package 850 miles to my doorstep in one day
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 17, 2021 07:25AM
......I like to move it.........move it......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Robert M
Date: February 17, 2021 08:04AM
Matt,

You can't be serious.

Robert
Posted by: Fritz
Date: February 17, 2021 08:09AM
good weed in BK?

!#$@@$#!

What if the hokey pokey really is what it’s all about?

Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 17, 2021 08:15AM
cbelt3
They just issued an alert due to winter weather. So they won't.

Does the weather prevent them from updating the tracking info?

Hm, I wonder what thats like.

Posted by: p8712
Date: February 17, 2021 08:38AM
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: February 17, 2021 10:34AM
I've had a package sitting in Yakima for 6 days that hasn't been delivered yet.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: John B.
Date: February 17, 2021 11:39AM
Good luck with that. All bets are off when there are weather related "service exceptions."

I had an item coming to the house, standard/ground delivery, obviously was going to be a UPS to USPS handoff. On Sunday morning I got a USPS Informed Delivery notification saying they were delivering it that day. Shortly thereafter I got a UPS delivery exception notification saying it was delayed. Log into the USPS website and see a bunch of weird time scans with "business location closed" notes and things like that. Didn't show up on Sunday. Monday, of course, was a USPS holiday, so even though they said they were initially delivering it on Sunday, no way they're out making deliveries on Monday. Tuesday morning I get another USPS Informed Delivery saying the package is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. My carrier delivered it on Tuesday.

And heaven help you if your package is with UPS and it ends up in the "sort trailer" during a weather service exception event. It's going to sit there until the terminal is caught back up, since it has already broken the service level agreement. It's happened to me several times with our local terminals.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 190
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020