You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
rolls woody
Posted by: Fritz
Date: February 19, 2021 08:09AM
Re: rolls woody
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: February 19, 2021 08:56AM
Cool!

I had the same steering wheel cover on my '73 VW Superbeetle.
I miss that firey little bug. Watching it burn to a crisp was heartbreaking, particularly since I'd just bought a new engine for it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 19, 2021 08:57AM
....have you ever played....with a woody.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Schpark
Date: February 19, 2021 09:25AM
Too bad they ruined it with the hideous colors on the fenders and wheels.
Date: February 19, 2021 09:36AM
.....so this is.....$hitty.....$hitty.....Bang.....Bang....???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2021 09:36AM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 19, 2021 10:43AM
I’m pretty sure the yellow was the legit color for that year.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 19, 2021 01:41PM
Looks like it could be a Beatlesmobile.

==
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: February 19, 2021 02:19PM
Schpark
Too bad they ruined it with the hideous colors on the fenders and wheels.

Yeah, somehow to me it just doesn't look right with the woody look.

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: Fritz
Date: February 19, 2021 02:22PM
the yello is no doubt a odd and ugly choice for color.
But if any of you want to chip in an buy it for me, I promise I'll change the color before I pick you up.

!#$@@$#!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 19, 2021 02:39PM
Out in the snow? nono smiley

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: February 19, 2021 03:06PM
Hmmm...

1. It IS a station wagon, which is almost always a good thing in my book, though since it only has a door on the passenger rear a comparison to pre-1973 Chevrolet Suburbans is not inappropriate.

2. When you live in a place where every horizontal surface turns yellow in the spring due to the numerous local oak and pine trees releasing their pollen at the same time, you'll develop a special appreciation for yellow cars as I have.

3. As with maple syrup, when it comes to wood on car exteriors I prefer the fake stuff to the real stuff. Nonetheless the wood on that Rolls appears to be in remarkably good shape and unless you happen to be a fine furniture maker by trade restoring the wood is the hardest part of restoring any old station wagon, so that's a godsend.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Date: February 19, 2021 05:15PM
....boy.....you guys really want to get your hands on that woody......huh......???

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 19, 2021 05:33PM
Not directly from Rolls Royce, but from coach builder Henry Binder of Paris.
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: February 19, 2021 08:32PM
DeusxMac
Not directly from Rolls Royce, but from coach builder Henry Binder of Paris.

During that period did Rolls-Royce build any of their own bodies in-house? For the ultra-premium brands they'd usually have a catalog of "standard" body offerings in popular styles to pick from built by one or more recommended coach builders, but you could also buy a running chassis (basically everything but the main body from the firewall/dashboard rearward) and ship it to the coach builder of your choice.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020