advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
hotel in downtown seattle?
Posted by: davemchine
Date: February 22, 2021 03:31PM
I'm looking for a hotel in downtown Seattle for a little weekend getaway for the family. Normally I stay at Hotel Andra but they are closed for renovations. I don't need a pool or hot tub but a restaurant would be nice. I don't need a water view...but it would be nice. Any recommendations?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: hotel in downtown seattle?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: February 22, 2021 03:40PM
I'd go to Portland.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: bruceko
Date: February 22, 2021 04:55PM
Seattle downtown core is a filthy ghost town other than the "homeless" and protesters right now
Posted by: flareslow
Date: February 22, 2021 05:18PM
In another life, I stayed here many times. Very comfortable, nice bar, walking distance from everything downtown.

Mayflower Park
Posted by: vicrock
Date: February 22, 2021 06:29PM
Seriously you'd be better served by staying in Bellevue - downtown Seattle is a pit - homeless, gangs, filth.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 22, 2021 06:45PM
davemchine
I'm looking for a hotel in downtown Seattle for a little weekend getaway for the family. Normally I stay at Hotel Andra but they are closed for renovations. I don't need a pool or hot tub but a restaurant would be nice. I don't need a water view...but it would be nice. Any recommendations?

Why would you do this while we're still in the pandemic? Stay home. Please.

There are lots of great hotel properties in or near downtown. Come in the fall, or next spring
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 22, 2021 08:30PM
Well, you could just go historically slumming at 77 Yesler Way, although Best Western appears to have done its best to make the inside of the Pioneer look just like any Best Western. They might as well just take it off the Register.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: February 22, 2021 08:47PM
Lemon Drop
davemchine

There are lots of great hotel properties in or near downtown. Come in the fall, or next spring

First thing I am doing after I get my 2 shots and requisite 2 week waiting period is take a vacation. Not to downtown Seattle though, somewhere warm and bright and happy.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: M A V I C
Date: February 23, 2021 08:40AM
Edgewater? It's on the edge of the downtown drama.

Lemon Drop
davemchine

If burdening the local medical system is what you're concerned about, at some of the Seattle area hospitals covid hospitalizations are in the single digits.

Help MacInTouch: Buy from Amazon? use this link [amazon.com]
Mac News & Info: [macintouch.com] [macnn.com] [tuaw.com]
Mac Benchmarks: [barefeats.com]
Used Mac Stuff [FS/T]: LowEndMac Swap List
Mac Software Updates: [macupdate.com]
Fonts: [dafont.com] [fontspace.com]
Online Computer Store With Mac Support: [macsales.com]
Posted by: davemchine
Date: February 24, 2021 08:47AM
I hadn't really thought about the riots. It appears the last demonstration was January 26th. Out of extra caution I decided to move this little trip to Bellevue where we have stayed many times. I'd still like to uber down to the Seattle Art Museum though. We will see.

As for COVID we always comply with whatever the rules are currently. I have medium risk but I've also had both my shots.

Thanks for all the input.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2021 08:49AM by davemchine.
Posted by: bruceko
Date: February 24, 2021 10:48AM
Museum currently closed, reopens March 5th
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 24, 2021 02:48PM
davemchine
I hadn't really thought about the riots. It appears the last demonstration was January 26th. Out of extra caution I decided to move this little trip to Bellevue where we have stayed many times. I'd still like to uber down to the Seattle Art Museum though. We will see.

As for COVID we always comply with whatever the rules are currently. I have medium risk but I've also had both my shots.

Thanks for all the input.

Have fun and be safe.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020