advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Brokerage Debit card?
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 25, 2021 04:51PM
Where do you use it? Like Schwab has a Schwab bank but not physical.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Brokerage Debit card?
Posted by: bhaveshp
Date: February 25, 2021 05:52PM
I have used mine for international travel to pull out local currency. It's great as they refund all fees charged by any bank.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: February 25, 2021 06:25PM
bhaveshp
It's great as they refund all fees charged by any bank.

That's the key. Use it anywhere (for withdrawals) since they refund the fees. So, in a way, it's more convenient than a brick & mortar bank debit card. But, the drawback is you can't use it for deposits, which is only an issue for cash really, since you can deposit checks via app or mail.

But, if I have a bunch of cash, I can take it to Chase and use deposit it into my Chase account, which is one reason why I maintain a local account.
Posted by: stephen
Date: February 26, 2021 09:03PM
Schwab's international ATM reimbursement rocks. I use USAA for domestic (they reimburse up to $15 a month) but keep just enough activity in my Schwab checking to keep that card active.

In Argentina, ATM charges can be like $9 on a $100 withdrawal. So the Schwab card is a Godsend.

Note: if you do more international transactions than domestic on your Schwab card, they reserve the right to cancel it. So be sure to do some little domestic withdrawals now and again.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2021 09:05PM by stephen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020