advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
TV Cable Management (In Wall or just channel) and small Blu-ray Player.
Posted by: spacescape
Date: March 01, 2021 01:04PM
Just picked up a vintage Zenith 1968 Stereo Console for under my TV. Hung my TV and sound bar (Vizio which might need to be replaced but I'll start a new thread for that when it's time). Two things I'm trying to figure out how I want to handle is our Panasonic Blu-Ray Player and do I hide the wires in a simple channel (seeing there is only about 5-6 inches of wires showing) or should I get my electrician to put a power outlet behind the TV and a in wall channel for the HDMI cables? For the Blu-Ray who sells the best "small" Blu-Ray player that could sit on top of the console so I can still open the top?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 01:15PM by spacescape.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: TV Cable Management (In Wall or just channel) and small Blu-ray Player.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: March 01, 2021 01:15PM
spacescape
Just picked up a vintage Zenith 1968 Stereo Console for under my TV. Hung my TV and sound bar (Vizio which might need to be replaced but I'll start a new thread for that when it's time). Two things I'm trying to figure out how I want to handle is our Panasonic Blu-Ray Player and do I hide the wires in a simple channel (seeing there is only about 5-6 inches of wires showing) or should I get my electrician to put a power outlet behind the TV and a in wall channel for the HDMI cables?

=TC
Posted by: spacescape
Date: March 01, 2021 01:17PM
TheCaber
spacescape
Just picked up a vintage Zenith 1968 Stereo Console for under my TV. Hung my TV and sound bar (Vizio which might need to be replaced but I'll start a new thread for that when it's time). Two things I'm trying to figure out how I want to handle is our Panasonic Blu-Ray Player and do I hide the wires in a simple channel (seeing there is only about 5-6 inches of wires showing) or should I get my electrician to put a power outlet behind the TV and a in wall channel for the HDMI cables?

Thank you TheCaber. I just reuploaded them "smaller"... couldn't for the life of me remember the image tag for size... sad smiley
Posted by: Schpark
Date: March 01, 2021 01:58PM
I did it myself with a kit from Legrand. Pretty straightforward.

[www.amazon.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 01:59PM by Schpark.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: March 01, 2021 02:05PM
I recommended something like this last time...

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: John B.
Date: March 01, 2021 02:08PM
The console is definitely the "eye candy" of that setup. If you're going to go to the trouble of putting in dedicated outlets and in-wall channel, is there space to put the Blu-ray player inside the console, or maybe suspend it on a shelf below the console (in the airspace between the console's legs)?
Posted by: Michael
Date: March 01, 2021 02:09PM
Cool console. And a gumball machine!

One thing to consider is that a small Blu-Ray player on top of the console would hide another couple of inches of the wires.

I'd probably live with the wires in a channel painted the color of the wall for a while and see if it bothered me a couple of hundred dollars worth (Home Depot says having one of their guys move an outlet or install a new one would be $200 or more). Of course, if you did that you'd want the other wires to go behind the wall, as well. I imagine that would be less than an electrical outlet but don't have any idea what an electrician would charge. If you're comfortable around electricity it would take a couple of hours to do the whole thing.
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 01, 2021 04:41PM
Why not something like this: cover
Posted by: Bernie
Date: March 01, 2021 07:49PM
raceway

You would be surprised how unnoticeable this is. This Electrician says "do no harm".

Staunton, Virginia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020