advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How do I get my twitter feed to appear in chronological order? [UPDATE: I'm an idiot]
Posted by: hal
Date: March 02, 2021 02:22PM
For some reason, twitter defaults to 'see most popular tweets first' or something like that. Internet searches tell me to turn that off - within the Twitter app. I can't find this setting on the web version of twitter (I don't use the app). I downloaded the app and changed the setting there, but it isn't changing anything universally - just on my phone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 02:30PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How do I get my twitter feed to appear in chronological order?
Date: March 02, 2021 02:27PM
of course!! After a couple of hours of hunting, walking away, looking again, finally posting here now that I've given up, then checking one more time - I found the answer to my question.

Click on the little star thingy near the top of the page... OBVIOUSLY!

There are PAGES on top of PAGES of settings in the settings page and I looked at every one of them. Of course, I should have know the int'l symbol for 'change the way my timeline looks'

argh!!

you may now walk on lawn...
Re: How do I get my twitter feed to appear in chronological order? [UPDATE: I'm an idiot]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 02, 2021 02:31PM
.....time.....is on your side......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: How do I get my twitter feed to appear in chronological order? [UPDATE: I'm an idiot]
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: March 02, 2021 04:20PM
This Is Emblematic Of What Sucks About Many Social Media Apps.

Yes, sry for the title caps but hal's experience with Twitter is effingly annoying. Hal, Twitter will go back to Popular Tweets first after a random period of time and it's not always (read: NEVER) clear when or why. This is stupid and annoying and contributes to why I very rarely go on Twitter anymore.

I hope the setting sticks for you better than it did for me. But I doubt it will as the business model is to keep you using their app and viewing their adverts, and they think you want Popular, not some logical timeline "BS".
Date: March 02, 2021 05:33PM
Lew Zealand
This Is Emblematic Of What Sucks About Many Social Media Apps.

Yes, sry for the title caps but hal's experience with Twitter is effingly annoying. Hal, Twitter will go back to Popular Tweets first after a random period of time and it's not always (read: NEVER) clear when or why. This is stupid and annoying and contributes to why I very rarely go on Twitter anymore.

I hope the setting sticks for you better than it did for me. But I doubt it will as the business model is to keep you using their app and viewing their adverts, and they think you want Popular, not some logical timeline "BS".

at least I see zero adverts with AdGuard
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 04, 2021 09:39AM
....flip it......and reverse it.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 66
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020