advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Yacht Rock on The Family Guy
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 02, 2021 03:12PM
I just read the Wikipedia page about Yacht Rock, because "The Family Guy" did an episode on it and attended a cruise themed as such.

That's interesting. I see the channel on Sirius XM and it's a lot of soft rock etc. It's really clever how determined people can take a dusty old product, figure out a new way to market it and squeeze money out of it. I need to do that with something.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Yacht Rock on The Family Guy
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: March 02, 2021 03:19PM
Apple Music has a good Yacht Rock playlist that I put on from time to time. A few of the audio channels I stream (Rocktunes, etc.) also have channels dedicated to it.

Wikipedia has a good rundown: [en.wikipedia.org]

And here's one view of the ultimate Yacht Rock song list: [www.yachtornyacht.com]

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 03:22PM by Zoidberg.
Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: March 02, 2021 03:30PM
Duuuuude!!! Yacht Rock Radio on Sirius XM is my #1 favorite! (Really, it is!)

I love the mellow, peaceful, "love is the answer, but it almost inevitably leads to heartbreak" music. I am a child of the 70s, so perhaps it was the subliminal soundtrack to my youth, but like the song says, "moonlight.....feels right!"

[www.zeemaps.com]
Date: March 02, 2021 03:59PM
The UnDoug
Duuuuude!!! Yacht Rock Radio on Sirius XM is my #1 favorite! (Really, it is!)

I love the mellow, peaceful, "love is the answer, but it almost inevitably leads to heartbreak" music. I am a child of the 70s, so perhaps it was the subliminal soundtrack to my youth, but like the song says, "moonlight.....feels right!"

I'm listening to it now!

"they call Alabama the Crimson Tide. Call me Deacon Bluessss..."
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 02, 2021 04:36PM
I find it just slightly irritating that they seem to generally consider Steely Dan to be “yacht rock”.

For one, the group is famously named after a steam-powered...ummm. Phorum will block it anyway - use your imagination.

...and putting that awesome, unique jazz fusion together with “Moonlight...feels right”?

Heresy!
Date: March 02, 2021 04:54PM
pdq
I find it just slightly irritating that they seem to generally consider Steely Dan to be “yacht rock”.

For one, the group is famously named after a steam-powered...ummm. Phorum will block it anyway - use your imagination.

...and putting that awesome, unique jazz fusion together with “Moonlight...feels right”?

Heresy!

There appears to be al lot of exceptions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 214
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020