advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
A new program can animate old photos. But there's nothing human about artificial intelligence
Posted by: p8712
Date: March 02, 2021 04:40PM
Creepy

"The way our brain processes images of people is different than inanimate objects. It taps into neural circuitry," Farid says. "For years we have been able to synthesize inanimate objects, and that completely fools the visual system because we don't have preconceived notions of how they move. But when it comes to humans, it is lagging. Part of that is the subtle way we move and recognize these movements."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: A new program can animate old photos. But there's nothing human about artificial intelligence
Posted by: jonny
Date: March 02, 2021 05:19PM
There's an app out there called Muglife that has let you do this for years.
Re: A new program can animate old photos. But there's nothing human about artificial intelligence
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: March 02, 2021 07:44PM
I'm intrigued because I know the perfect photos to run through this program.

In the family photo album there are a couple of professional pictures such as you'd get taken at the fair of my grandmother as a teenager wearing a fringed "Annie Oakley"-style matching skirt and vest set (no outfit in the world could have been more out-of-character for her) and bearing a striking resemblance to a young Jane Russell except with ever-so-slightly softer features. There's also a photo of my grandfather as a young man taken in front of my great-grandmother's house wearing what had to be the only honest-to-God "Zoot Suit" ever seen in Peterson, Alabama and leaning proudly against his '37 Chevrolet coupe showing just how strong the resemblance is between him, my dad, and myself is when you correct for the difference in our ages.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 02, 2021 09:15PM
jonny
There's an app out there called Muglife that has let you do this for years.

Thanks. I was sure I’d seen this done some time ago (maybe even referenced here at the forum.)
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 02, 2021 11:06PM
I saw a couple of tintype pictures from pre-1900 animated in the last week, pretty creepy.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 02, 2021 11:18PM
Keith Olbermann has been posting photos from baseball cards, mostly long dead ballplayers. Creepy.
Posted by: DP
Date: March 03, 2021 06:38AM
Reminds me of the paintings in the Harry Potter movies...

Back to music...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020