advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
SCORE: Used compressor with 4 nailers
Posted by: mikebw
Date: March 03, 2021 04:09PM
On my neighborhood listserv, a guy who is moving out of town put up a used Bostitch 2hp 6gal 130psi compressor w/hose, plus a framing gun, 18 and 16 ga. nailers, and a crown stapler, for $80! You can bet I was the first one to say I would get it. He even tossed in a few leftover nails and brads.

It seems to be from 2006, but in good shape. Looking forward to less hammering in my future! I've never had to maintain any of this hardware before, looks like I'll need to get some oil? Any advice there?

The framing nailer is worth nearly $200 alone from what I can tell - F28WW
[www.amazon.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: SCORE: Used compressor with 4 nailers
Posted by: archipirata
Date: March 03, 2021 04:17PM
That's a major award!

Athens, OH
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: March 03, 2021 04:29PM
Knowing that air tools are frequent theft targets on construction sites, I would be a little bit wary of tools that seem like they are too cheap.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 03, 2021 04:45PM
That stuff looks like they're in new condition! Major deal if they aren't hot. I'm not too familiar with Bostitch equipment, but that deal looks smokin' for around the house type jobs. I would grab them in a heart beat!

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: March 03, 2021 05:17PM
You nailed it!
Posted by: rz
Date: March 03, 2021 07:51PM
nice
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 03, 2021 08:07PM
SWEET. Best I got this week was a Logitech 400+ KB for $1.99 at Goodwill.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 03, 2021 08:42PM
Markintosh
Knowing that air tools are frequent theft targets on construction sites, I would be a little bit wary of tools that seem like they are too cheap.

This ^

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 03, 2021 08:51PM
Bostitch is what the roofers around here use. Quality stuff. I've got one from my dad, although I never use it, as I can't really justify it until I do something like a floor (I'll never do a roof).

I'd have very few worries about it being hot if it was advertised on a listserv.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: March 04, 2021 08:19AM
mrbigstuff
Bostitch is what the roofers around here use. Quality stuff. I've got one from my dad, although I never use it, as I can't really justify it until I do something like a floor (I'll never do a roof).

I'd have very few worries about it being hot if it was advertised on a listserv.

Yeah, he had been selling a variety of things that didn't make sense to ship to his new house in Arizona- Big TV, lawnmower etc... I met him at his house.

I can appreciate that theft does happen but in this case I had no concerns about it.
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 04, 2021 10:54AM
Sounds like the nail gun package that I was seeing at HD/Lowes for few hundred bucks, so the price makes sense.

A lot of people are switching to battery powered nailers.

Re: oil, use a little every several times you use a tool, or before you store them. Periodically drain the air tank to eliminate moisture.
Posted by: Carm
Date: March 04, 2021 12:01PM
Drain/purge the tank after every use, removes moisture/water from compressor tank.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: March 06, 2021 08:01AM
Killer deal. The older nailer seem to be better than the new stuff BTW. Just get a small bottle of air tool oil, use it and you'll be set for life.

Grateful11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020