advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Well, Sirius sucked me in.
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 04, 2021 06:36PM
Following up on my thread about “How hard is it to cancel a SiriusXM subscription,” I decided to go for the one year for $4.99/month deal. It comes out to $6.06, like you guys told me.
I did have to do the credit card for monthly payments, but I set two reminders on my phone to remind me when the year is about to be up
I also found that under “communication preferences” you can set a reminder to notify you when your subscription is about to expire. The default button on this is to “not notify,” so you do need to change it
Thanks for all the info from the thread before. Here is hoping it all works out ok, in about a year from now. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Well, Sirius sucked me in.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 04, 2021 06:40PM
Good luck!

...And remember: Call early. They charged my card 2 weeks before the actual renewal date.

Date: March 04, 2021 06:51PM
Sarcany
Good luck!

...And remember: Call early. They charged my card 2 weeks before the actual renewal date.

Damn.
Mine is a monthly payment, so that might help, but I will reset my reminder for two weeks before.

Posted by: JoeM
Date: March 04, 2021 10:01PM
FYI, my 6 month subscription was up in February and I called two days before it's end figuring I'd renew for the same deal as they usually do for me now. I was told the only thing available for me was a yearly deal and a credit card was needed. When I told their agent I preferred my usual 6month option with invoice I was told it wasn't possible and if I didn't want the yearly offer I could cancel. I said I would ask the wife and hung up. When I called back the next day I figured I would take the yearly deal with credit card but the new agent offered me my usual deal, $4.99a month, 6 months with an invoice and no credit card. I was off the phone in less than 10 minutes.

JoeM
Date: March 04, 2021 10:09PM
JoeM
FYI, my 6 month subscription was up in February and I called two days before it's end figuring I'd renew for the same deal as they usually do for me now. I was told the only thing available for me was a yearly deal and a credit card was needed. When I told their agent I preferred my usual 6month option with invoice I was told it wasn't possible and if I didn't want the yearly offer I could cancel. I said I would ask the wife and hung up. When I called back the next day I figured I would take the yearly deal with credit card but the new agent offered me my usual deal, $4.99a month, 6 months with an invoice and no credit card. I was off the phone in less than 10 minutes.

Glad you got what you wanted after all.
I am not sure if I will keep it after the year or not, but I definitely won’t at full price.

Posted by: SteveO
Date: March 04, 2021 11:20PM
>I also found that under “communication preferences” you can set a reminder to notify you when your subscription is about to expire.

Thanks, I was not aware of this. I got burned with a big charge on renewal last fall; I had to call in and they worked with me to give me the same $4.99 deal I had before.

I have to say I enjoy several stations (Big '80s anyone? Love those VJs), and also listen to it via my phone at times. FYI they also have a Big '80s podcast now, I've only heard a few episodes, but they were interesting.
Date: March 05, 2021 07:32AM
SteveO
>I also found that under “communication preferences” you can set a reminder to notify you when your subscription is about to expire.

Thanks, I was not aware of this. I got burned with a big charge on renewal last fall; I had to call in and they worked with me to give me the same $4.99 deal I had before.

I have to say I enjoy several stations (Big '80s anyone? Love those VJs), and also listen to it via my phone at times. FYI they also have a Big '80s podcast now, I've only heard a few episodes, but they were interesting.

Yeah, it looked to me like they were trying to hide that "remind me" feature, especially since the default was "off." Lol

Posted by: The UnDoug
Date: March 05, 2021 08:01AM
I've been a subscriber since I bought my new (used) car in 2018. I pay roughly $5/month, and always put a couple weeks worth of reminders on my calendar to call them to get the same deal, and I always have thus far (three renewals, I think).

I listen in my car every time I drive, and also stream it on my computer and iPhone and iPad. My favorites are:

70s on 7
80s on 8
The Bridge
Yacht Rock Radio
Diplo's Revolution (ch.52)
Escape (ch. 69)
LL Cool J's Rock the Bells Radio
On Broadway
Hair Nation
Bluegrass Junction
and at Christmastime: Holiday Traditions

I never liked the idea of paying for music, since I could listen to the radio for free, or stream things, listen to CDs, etc., but for $5/month, it's worth it to have so much variety, a nice interface for interacting with when driving, nationwide coverage, and no commercials (at least on the stations to which I listen).

[www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 05, 2021 08:30AM
Wow. Those renewal shenanigans would make we want to drop it just on principle, unless I knew for sure I wanted the service indefinitely.
Date: March 05, 2021 09:03AM
Acer
Wow. Those renewal shenanigans would make we want to drop it just on principle, unless I knew for sure I wanted the service indefinitely.

Yeah, I hate doing a snake dance to renew, but I do like having the service. We may be taking more driving trips now, so I thought I would give it a shot. At least I have a year before I have to deal with it.

I like several or the stations with mostly 60's, 70’s and 80’s music. Classic rewind, I think is one, and something with Vinyl in the name. Lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 09:06AM by rgG.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: March 05, 2021 09:37AM
Classic Vinyl.

It is what it is.
Date: March 05, 2021 12:25PM
N-OS X-tasy!
Classic Vinyl.

Yep. Lots of “Classics” for me, I guess. Lol

Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: March 05, 2021 03:26PM
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

Edmund Burke, after he tried to renew his Sirius XM subscription.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 05, 2021 07:14PM
My favorite is Watercolors (smooth jazz). And 40s Junction is a nice change of pace sometimes.

Date: March 05, 2021 07:30PM
rgG
N-OS X-tasy!
Classic Vinyl.

Yep. Lots of “Classics” for me, I guess. Lol

It’s one of my presets, too. smiling smiley

It is what it is.
Date: March 05, 2021 07:33PM
AllGold
And 40s Junction is a nice change of pace sometimes.

Ooh, I need to check that one out. Channel number?

I have Real Jazz and Siriusly Sinatra as presets. No smooth jazz for me, though — yuck.

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 07:34PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 05, 2021 08:20PM
N-OS X-tasy!
AllGold

Date: March 05, 2021 09:18PM
AllGold
N-OS X-tasy!
AllGold

Thanks!

It is what it is.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: March 06, 2021 12:37PM
don't forget radio classics and the 40s channel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020