advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
hold on for one more day?!.....this freshman TV show on major TV network just got renewed for Season 2......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 09, 2021 11:38AM
......'The Equalizer' reboot.....only 4 episodes into its first season......

The Equalizer Renewed for Season 2

....This year’s Super Bowl lead-out program, CBS’ The Equalizer, has scored a touchdown in the form of an early Season 2 renewal.

“The Equalizer has proven more than equal to the task of engaging viewers and racking up wins on Sunday night,” CBS Entertainment president Kelly Kahl said in a statement. “We’re extremely proud to see this outstanding broadcast drama, led by Queen Latifah, punch through the competitive landscape and return for a second season.”

In this post-Super Bowl slot, The Equalizer on Feb. 7 debuted to north of 20 million total viewers — the largest audience for any entertainment program since the February 2020 Academy Awards — along with a 5.1 demo rating. In three outings since then, it has averaged 8 million viewers and higher than a 0.8 demo rating (in Live+Same Day numbers), always and easily delivering its Sunday time slot’s largest audience.

Among all dramas airing on CBS this season, The Equalizer (based on its regularly scheduled airings) ranks second in total audience (trailing only NCIS) and No. 3 in the demo.

A reimagining of the 1980s series starring Edward Woodward, The Equalizer stars Queen Latifah as Robyn McCall, an enigmatic woman who uses her extensive skills as a former CIA operative to help those with nowhere else to turn. Rounding out the freshman drama’s ensemble are Chris Noth, Lorraine Toussaint, Tory Kittles, Adam Goldberg, Liza Lapira and Laya DeLeon Hayes.

Following Oprah- and Grammys-related preemptions and such, The Equalizer will resume its freshman run on Sunday, March 28 at 8/7c.

will live......to 'equalize'.......another day.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: hold on for one more day?!.....this freshman TV show on major TV network just got renewed for Season 2......
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 09, 2021 12:28PM
Tried this show last night, and just didn’t work for me.

The writing was too trite and formulaic to the point of pushing cliche too far for my tastes. Not a fan of Latifah’s acting, and production wise, they just missed the mark in convincing me her physical type matched the character.

I suspect it can be done, but the action sequences were just a not well done soup of (too) quick cuts in near darkness that didn’t let the stunt work sell me on the premise or buoy my suspension of disbelief.
Re: hold on for one more day?!.....this freshman TV show on major TV network just got renewed for Season 2......
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: March 09, 2021 01:22PM
Tried this show last night, and just didn’t work for me.

The writing was too trite and formulaic to the point of pushing cliche too far for my tastes. Not a fan of Latifah’s acting, and production wise, they just missed the mark in convincing me her physical type matched the character.

I suspect it can be done, but the action sequences were just a not well done soup of (too) quick cuts in near darkness that didn’t let the stunt work sell me on the premise or buoy my suspension of disbelief.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Seriously, this critique ticks all the boxes of my experience, though I've watched all episodes so far.

I'm pretty easy to amuse and please when it comes to TV entertainment.

This iteration misses the mark on all points.

I don't expect Bruce Lee (The Green Hornet) or Sammo Hung (Martial Law) level martial arts.

I also don't expect Latifah to do much in the way of action, but the cuts between her and the stunt double or end result are really obvious and painful to watch.

She's a better singer of standards than actor.

And the backstory trope.

I'm really, really tired of the terrible teen trope because mommy or daddy are off doing good, with the kids always throwing a tantrum and the parent apologizing ad nauseam.

It will need much better writing at least, for me to want to tune in.

I wish the The Equalizer title hadn't appropriated, as it's tainted by and wasted on this.

Kittles, Goldberg, and Lapira (reminds me appropriately enough, of Lapua, LOL) are all likable and competent enough, though they deserve better writing.

I am that Masked Man.

All you can do, is all you can do.

There’s trouble — it's time to play the sound of my people.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

Insisting on your rights without acknowledging your responsibilities isn’t freedom, it’s adolescence.

I've been to the edge of the map, and there be monsters.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody counts or nobody counts.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: rich in distress
Date: March 09, 2021 01:30PM
RAMd®d
I'm really, really tired of the terrible teen trope because mommy or daddy are off doing good, with the kids always throwing a tantrum and the parent apologizing ad nauseam.

I haven’t seen this show, but when I think this kind of stuff, I end up wondering if it’s a generational difference.
Sometimes when I decide I’ll try a different point of view, it sinks in better.
Case on point, The new Magnum. It’s not my beloved 80s show, but it can be engaging, sometimes even fun.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 148
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020