advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Any RedPocket cell service users here?
Posted by: clay
Date: March 10, 2021 07:44AM
Been eyeing them as an alternative to my Xfinity mobile service that I'm likely needing to switch away from soon. They seem to be priced pretty attractively, but I feel like I've read enough stories about @#$%& customer service that I'm hesitating. Any anecdotes that may convince me that RP is a reasonable low-cost option for mobile service? I would likely go with the CDMA/Verizon network.

I see deals from them from time to time on slick deals. Seeing a $99/year, 1000min/unl txt/1gb data plan available right now that would be just about perfect for my needs:
[slickdeals.net]

I welcome any thoughts. Thanks!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any RedPocket cell service users here?
Posted by: modelamac
Date: March 10, 2021 08:02AM
I suspect RedPocket does not have any towers but is using Verizon or ATT or... I'd find out what they use before making a switch.

Ed (modelamac)

I think I will just put an OUT OF ORDER
sticker on my head and call it a day.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 10, 2021 08:04AM
I use them but with the ATT network. I've been very happy with the service and the price and haven't needed to talk to their customer service.

Date: March 10, 2021 08:05AM
modelamac
I suspect RedPocket does not have any towers but is using Verizon or ATT or... I'd find out what they use before making a switch.

They're just a reseller/MVNO, like many other carriers. I don't have an issue with that. They offer plans on all major networks (ATT, Verizon, T-mobile, etc). For a super low user like me, spending $20/month or more just feels like a waste. That's why this $99/yr option seems just about perfect for my needs.
Date: March 10, 2021 08:10AM
mattkime
I use them but with the ATT network. I've been very happy with the service and the price and haven't needed to talk to their customer service.

awesome. thanks for sharing.

I don't have any illusions that any provider is 100% perfect/trouble-free. I've worked through my fair share of issues with providers over the years. It's good to hear that some are having good experiences with them.

I welcome any other experiences.
Posted by: tronnei
Date: March 10, 2021 08:23AM
I switched my son over to them about 3-4 years ago. No issues once we got his phone number ported over. Getting the number ported was a bit of an ordeal, but I think that had more to do with his prior provider (Virgin Mobile) than with RedPocket.
Posted by: RE:up
Date: March 10, 2021 02:56PM
Clark Howard on RedPocket here;

[clark.com]
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 11, 2021 03:30PM
.....I've got one hand in my Pocket.....and the other one......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020