advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Apple Watch to measure Mother's heart rate
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: March 25, 2021 06:02PM
My 95 year old mom, who is in amazing mental and physical shape, went into the hospital with heart Arrhythmia. Would an Apple Watch be useful to monitor her heart rate?

I haven't kept up on Apple watches. Can you suggest one that would work? Or are there other alternatives?

Bryan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apple Watch to measure Mother's heart rate
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: March 25, 2021 06:14PM
Yes, they should be able to do this, though I think you may need the Watch 5 or later for this. My Mom has the 4 and that gets the fall sensor which is specifically why she got it. She tested it, but luckily not in a fall. Just slamming her hand on the kitchen counter while on the phone with her brother.

Ah, family.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 25, 2021 06:48PM
Lew Zealand
Yes, they should be able to do this, though I think you may need the Watch 5 or later for this. My Mom has the 4 and that gets the fall sensor which is specifically why she got it. She tested it, but luckily not in a fall. Just slamming her hand on the kitchen counter while on the phone with her brother.

Ah, family.

Is there a site that outlines or has a nice chart about what features each model has? Haven't been able to find one that compares all the models from the original to current in a easy to read manner.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Rick-o
Date: March 25, 2021 07:48PM
C(-)ris
Lew Zealand

Ah, family.

Is there a site that outlines or has a nice chart about what features each model has? Haven't been able to find one that compares all the models from the original to current in a easy to read manner.

Wikipedia seems to break down the various models.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Mr. Lahey: A lot of people, don’t know how to drink. They drink against the grain of the liquor. And when you drink against the grain of the liquor? You lose.

Randy: What the @#$%& are you talking about?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 25, 2021 08:48PM
Rick-o
C(-)ris
Lew Zealand

Ah, family.

Wikipedia seems to break down the various models.

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

That is pretty good. Didn't think of them. I noticed that all but the latest don't support 5Ghz wifi. That is a shame as many places are phasing out 2.4ghz completely.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: March 25, 2021 09:17PM
Alivecor Kardia 6 lead EKG is very good and is read by a Smartphone for $149.
[store.alivecor.com]
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: March 26, 2021 06:42AM
Ken Sp.
Alivecor Kardia 6 lead EKG is very good and is read by a Smartphone for $149.
[store.alivecor.com]

Hope it's better than the previous models. My mom went thru a few as they kept dying on her (no abuse or physical damage). Mom dumped the Kardia and went with an Apple Watch. She likes it more than the Kardia as it's always on her wrist. I read somewhere that the Kardia app requires a subscription. Not sure if this is true or not.
Posted by: Diana
Date: March 26, 2021 04:08PM
Apple's Watch4 also does heart rate monitoring, if you can find one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 135
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020