advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I got Raitt-rolled
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 25, 2021 08:52PM
All the talk recently of Bonnie and Susan Tedeschi's band came together the other day while driving around and listening to the car radio (actual, ota terrestrial radio). I'm listening to this great Bonnie Raitt song for a while thinking about the recent thread here and admiring her voice the whole time. She has some pipes. Great tune. I'm really getting into it driving home and agreeing with tje folks here who were big fans (I'm a minor fan) and then the DJ comes on and announces the tune. Susan Tedeschi.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I got Raitt-rolled
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 25, 2021 09:11PM
I won’t lie. I’ve found the love sneakin’ up on me only to find Susie, not Bonnie.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: March 25, 2021 09:33PM
Has happened to me more than once.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: hal
Date: March 25, 2021 10:09PM
I think Susan is really just a younger Bonnie - they sound SO similar. Especially when you listen to 30 year old versions of each. I'd be stunned if to hear that anyone but Bonnie could have been Susan's greatest influence.

I hope Susan has Bonnie's staying power. Bonnie has preserved her voice to an unbelievable degree.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: March 26, 2021 09:19AM
[en.wikipedia.org]

Influences
Susan Tedeschi's voice has been described as a blend of Bonnie Raitt and Janis Joplin,[8] both of whom she claims as influences. Her guitar playing is influenced by Buddy Guy, Johnny "Guitar" Watson, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Freddie King and Doyle Bramhall II. On the album Just Won't Burn (1998), she lists a multitude of inspirations from various genres. This list includes Irma Thomas, Etta James, Bob Marley, Toots Hibbert, Aretha Franklin, Otis Rush, Ronnie Earl, Otis Clay, Ray Charles, Billie Holiday, Bob Dylan, Dennis Montgomery III, Orville Wright, Walter Beasley, Kenya Hathaway, and Mahalia Jackson.

!#$@@$#!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020