advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Some basic Mac tweaks - does require terminal.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 28, 2021 11:19AM
I like the one tied to screenshots. Apple should let users customize via system preferences, but until then...

[www.wired.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Some basic Mac tweaks - does require terminal.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 28, 2021 11:33AM
Weird.

It's dated 3/27/21, but ignores the fact that since HS, you can toggle visibility of files in the Finder with a keystroke (Command+Shift+.) and don't need the Terminal at all for it.

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: March 28, 2021 05:55PM
How many hard drives have I had to upgrade because OSX is full of bloat such as the entire Star Wars episode IV acted out by ASCII characters?!
Date: March 28, 2021 06:52PM
S. Pupp
How many hard drives have I had to upgrade because OSX is full of bloat such as the entire Star Wars episode IV acted out by ASCII characters?!

It's not part of the OS. It streams from the ASCII SW site.

Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 28, 2021 09:26PM
I have no use for any of those.

My hope was that they would have a way to open a folder in a new window, like it was in Snow Leopard and previous, without having to use the Cmd key. Even years later, I still hate the way it works with the subfolder replacing the parent window and altering the parent's place on the screen.

I think there is some hack that can make a Cmd-less new window but I think that Apple should have made it a Finder preference.

Date: March 28, 2021 09:43PM
AllGold
I think there is some hack that can make a Cmd-less new window but I think that Apple should have made it a Finder preference.

Yeah, if you hide the toolbar and sidebar then new windows will open with a double-click, but you lose the toolbar and sidebar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 437
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020