advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Followup on my optical audio problem
Posted by: davemchine
Date: April 06, 2021 09:18AM
I recently posted that I was having trouble with dropouts when using an HDMI switcher with optical audio extractor. I tried multiple extractors which all had the same problem. I also tried the optical output on my tv and it was better but still the audio dropped off. The problem came down to my DAC (Matrix Mini-i Pro 2s) being very sensitive to jitter (timing issue with optical port). In the end I found the "ViewHD Prosumer UHD HDMI 4X1 Switch with Audio Extraction | Dedicated HDMI Audio Output" which worked perfectly. At $80 it cost 2-3x as much as most HDMI switchers but it works. Whew.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Followup on my optical audio problem
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 06, 2021 09:52AM
[www.amazon.com]

welcome.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Date: April 06, 2021 11:25AM
I should have posted the link in my original message. Thanks Fritz.

In another room I have a simple extractor that works but makes terrible popping sounds when the audio begins or ends. So I bought an extractor from the same company and it should be here later this week. I'll report back on it's performance.

U9 ViewHD Newest Ultra HD 4K HDMI Audio Extractor 4K@60Hz, HDR, Dolby Vision
[www.amazon.com]
Date: April 08, 2021 10:07PM
Good news. The U9 ViewHD Newest Ultra HD 4K HDMI Audio Extractor is also a champ. I plugged it in and my tv immediately asked if I'd like to switch to 4k HDR. Apparently my old audio extractor was limiting my video performance unknown to me. That's a crime since all of my tv's are OLED. I'm also not hearing the harsh audio pops as the sound begins or ends. Two thumbs up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020