Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tiger was speeding
Posted by: DP
Date: April 07, 2021 09:03AM
Driving 83 MPH in a 45 At Time of Crash

Tiger Woods' car crash was caused by excessive speed, but there may be more to the story that we may never know ... TMZ has learned.

The L.A. County Sheriff's Dept. will release the findings of their investigation Wednesday morning.

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ ... Tiger was speeding when he lost control of his SUV and we're told the Sheriff is hanging the cause of the accident squarely on speed.

[www.tmz.com]

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tiger was speeding
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 07, 2021 09:16AM
....wow....that was fast.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: April 07, 2021 10:21AM
That would be fast even for the freeway in the middle of the night.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 07, 2021 10:24AM
Could somebody tell him about Uber?
Posted by: jonny
Date: April 07, 2021 10:34AM
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: April 07, 2021 10:49AM
In parts of rural Utah, Interstate 15 the speed limit is 80mph. This is wide open flat desert road with nothing around.
I can’t imagine 80 plus in a zone designed for 45mph.

Ways to improve web conference image and sound quality. [forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 07, 2021 10:58AM
It was reported early on that he was on his way to a taping that he was a half hour behind schedule leaving for.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 07, 2021 11:00AM
What a surprise........

Yes, I AM being sarcastic.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 07, 2021 12:38PM
Speed Kills!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 07, 2021 01:33PM
Blankity Blank
It was reported early on that he was on his way to a taping that he was a half hour behind schedule leaving for.

Based on the info I've gleaned from various sources, his destination (Rolling Hills Country Club) was not so far from his starting point (Terranea resort) that he had to go that fast to get there on time. I'm not 100% sure the info I have on his destination is accurate, though.

As I've mentioned before, I used to live right off of Hawthorne, farther up the hill - the stretch of road where the accident occurred used to be part of my daily work commute. I've exceeded the speed limit there many, many times, but I don't think I've ever exceeded it by THAT much.

EDIT: OK, this L.A. Times article confirms I am correct regarding both his starting point and destination: [www.latimes.com]

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 01:43PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 07, 2021 01:41PM
Honestly, when I heard this, it was like “oh, he was speeding - okay”.

I was bracing myself for something worse - pharmaceutical, or something we don’t all do all the time (though rarely to this relative degree)
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 07, 2021 02:17PM
he told us another act -- like dangerously switching lanes -- needs to happen in order for reckless driving to be on the table.

Ok, that's PR BS, sort of.

23103 CVC doesn't require multiple driving infractions to constitute a crime of reckless driving.

It's up to the DA to prosecute a 'reckless' case as presented, not a PD, SD, or SO.

In Alameda county, it's usually recommended to have three infractions before arresting for reckless, before the DA will charge reckless.

Any one of several infractions alone can constitute the crime if the wanton disregard of that sole act is severe enough.

But people being people, wanton disregard is sometimes hard to prove, ergo the preference for three infractions, especially if the disregard demonstrated in a single act fails to raise to the element of wanton.

Apparently that number for the LA DA is two.

Tiger is obviously lucky, thankful, and grateful.

I'm glad that nobody else was injured or worse, and that his tox screen came back negative.

Two for two, I'm good now.

We are a government of laws, not men.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 07, 2021 03:57PM
RAMd®d
he told us another act -- like dangerously switching lanes -- needs to happen in order for reckless driving to be on the table.

23103 CVC doesn't require multiple driving infractions to constitute a crime of reckless driving.

It's up to the DA to prosecute a 'reckless' case as presented, not a PD, SD, or SO.

(a) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Except as otherwise provided in Section 40008, persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Seems to me driving nearly double the posted speed limit - especially in a residential neighborhood - would be a strong candidate for reckless driving. In fact, I received a reckless driving citation in Utah a few decades ago for doing just that.

EDIT: To clarify - I was driving that fast on I-15, NOT a residential neighborhood.

It is what it is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 04:26PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 07, 2021 04:14PM
N-OS X-tasy!
RAMd®d

(a) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) A person who drives a vehicle in an offstreet parking facility, as defined in subdivision (c) of Section 12500, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(c) Except as otherwise provided in Section 40008, persons convicted of the offense of reckless driving shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail for not less than five days nor more than 90 days or by a fine of not less than one hundred forty-five dollars ($145) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except as provided in Section 23104 or 23105.

Seems to me driving nearly double the posted speed limit - especially in a residential neighborhood - would be a strong candidate for reckless driving. In fact, I received a reckless driving citation in Utah a few decades ago for doing just that.

Yes.. Around here 20 over and it's automatically reckless.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 159
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020