advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
oh noes?!.....Jack Hanna diagnosed with dementia [ retiring from public life ].....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 07, 2021 02:33PM
......most likely Alzheimers......retiring from public life, as the disease has progressed rapidly.....

Jack Hanna Diagnosed With Dementia, Believed To Be Alzheimer’s Disease, Says Family

.......Jack Hanna, the wildlife conservationist who played straight main to David Letterman through decades of comedic animal segments before becoming a TV star in his own right, is battling what is believed to be Alzheimer’s disease. That according to a statement posted to social media by his family on Wednesday......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2021 06:48AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: oh noes?!.....Jack Hanna diagnosed with dementia.....
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 07, 2021 03:20PM
Sorry to hear this. sad smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: oh noes?!.....Jack Hanna diagnosed with dementia.....
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: April 07, 2021 05:07PM
That's bitter news. I adored watching him on Letterman, and about ten years ago we got to see his show live. My son was awestruck when Jack shook his hand and signed his autograph for him. He's 18 now but that signed photo is still prominently displayed in his room.

His book is interesting -- there are some nuances you might not expect in it, guilt and regret over an incident in which a 3 year old boy lost an arm to a caged lion at Jack's home.
Re: oh noes?!.....Jack Hanna diagnosed with dementia [ retiring from public life ].....
Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 08, 2021 11:01AM
Sorry to hear the confirmation, but the last several times I've seen him on TV, it appeared he wasn't all there.
==
Re: oh noes?!.....Jack Hanna diagnosed with dementia [ retiring from public life ].....
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 08, 2021 11:25AM
Ugh. I HATE that disease just a little more than most others.

If he’s at the stage of stepping away from the public, that means he’s probably well along the way to losing “himself”. Hopefully, he can avoid the frustration and confusion that can go along with that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 124
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020