advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
go figure - broadband
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 07, 2021 04:12PM
my client has been going thru BB provider decision making.
He has been with Altice/CableVision/OptOnline coax 400(sic).
Actuality 225/30.
He got in touch with ACO. They sent a tech to look into providing him with their fiber connect, 500/500 for half of what he had been paying. They dig the trench and provide a back-up fiber at no charge.
I met the tech, and for the first time ever, I was impressed with the ACO tech.
I thought, If I had to change, for whatever reason, maybe I'd consider ACO.

Got home to get a $5/mo raise in my FiOS bill, after having just been raised $5 in Sept. Them beautiful people at FiOS upped the speed from 50/50, for "no charge to me", to 100/100 a year ago.
Still way more than we'd ever use here.
1 TCL/Roku TV, 1 computer, 2 3rd party VoIP phones, and the occasional intergalactic space-time (not him) travel to Remulak.
Called FiOS and got cut off nearly immediately.
Called back and spoke to the nice lady who, after several minutes, told me she was in retention and there was no better deal than what my new $60 bill was for my "no charge to me" 100/100; admittedly knowing full well that we have at least 3 BB providers available to us.
I said bye and was just about to dial ACO when the 1st FiOS lady called back, apologized for the cut off and asked if she could check again even though I'd just got off with FiOS lady 2.
In seconds, literally, she offered $50 for the 100/100 plus a $10 discount for auto-plunder.
No contract. And a lollipop.

Does the right hand know what the left is doing?

May the road rise to meet you too.

I will not tell the story of a phone conversation I didn't have this morning with "in network" testing lab Quest for annual phys blood work.

Many big time businesses simply amaze me.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: go figure - broadband
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 07, 2021 04:19PM
It’s nice to have choices.

We have a couple of choices for internet where we live, but they’re pretty much all bad.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 08, 2021 07:07PM
Glad you got what you wanted in the end Fritz. 100/100 is great.

Not sure where you are located, but I was able to go from 100/100 to what they said was 200/200 (but actually turned out to be 300/300 ish) for like $10 less a month than I had been paying. This was all via the text chat support. No complaining about FiOS here.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 09, 2021 06:40AM
here on LI, competition is getting stiffer.
FiOS isn't building out and their tech told me a couple years ago that Vz is looking to unload all the "maintenance" type service as wireless everything is coming.
The recent T-Mo announcement of 5G internet is certainly evidence of that, even if it is a couple years down the road.

We've been very happy with FiOS service and really didn't want to change, but without the $20 drop, I'd have tried AOC for a year and awaited on the next FiOS "offer". Silly the way these companies run.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 68
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020