advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
OWC headache
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: April 07, 2021 04:58PM
Well, if there's a place to complain about this, it's here, right? First, though, I greatly appreciate OWC's constant support of this forum -- I go back to the pre-account days of dealmac so this community is important to me. Thanks to OWC Larry for being a good guy running a progressive company and checking in from time to time. OWC Jamie has been a fantastic resource to our community.

So, on 3/5 I ordered a usb-c dual drive dock. It was back ordered and it said it should ship on Mar 26.

On 3/13 I got an email saying that while my credit card information was accurate, the authorization they had placed on my credit card had expired, that they'd charge my credit card when it shipped.

3/16 OWC sent out an email advertising their Mad March savings, which included the drive I am still waiting for.

4/2, I still hadn't received the drive, so I checked the status and saw it was still bring processed. I had an online chat with customer service, who initially told me the problem was my credit card had expired. I copied and pasted the email from 3/13 because my credit card hadn't expired. Then the rep said, Oh, well it'll go out this afternoon.

4/7, I check the status, it's still processing. Customer Service says it's not in stock, should ship in 2 days.

Ugh. If there are delays, I get it. But I shouldn't have to keep track of promised dates and then go online and dig up the order status and try to get some clarification from customer service. Jeez if I'd just gotten an email on 3/26 saying, "Still out of stock, sorry, we'll keep you updated," that's fine. Stringing me along though is not cool. At this point it's cost me more in time than the actual dock's price. An hour chasing down a $90 gadget makes the cost at least double for me.

Thank you for your attention.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: OWC headache
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 07, 2021 05:18PM
Yeah it sounds lost in the shuffle and the system doesn’t know it should be mailing it out, although the CSR’s screen shows it as happening.

Hate to say it but sometimes only a refund request will alert about a problem in a direct and unambiguous way.
Posted by: testcase
Date: April 07, 2021 09:37PM
Sounds like they re-hired some of the "old crew".

Decades ago, I placed an order with OWC for several items that were listed as "Three Day Availability". Three WEEKS later I was still waiting. This after several phone calls and, OWC's website NEVER being updated to correct the "Three Day Availability" snafu. I ultimately received the WRONG item (I ordered a CPU upgrade for a Pismo and got a chip that was for desktops). NO offer was EVER made to correct the snafu (other than me returning the wrong processor). In the following years, I spent TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars on Mac related items NONE of which was purchased at OWC (save a MBP battery that I could NOT find anywhere else).

Don't hold your breath on a good resolution.
Posted by: OWC Dyllon
Date: April 08, 2021 10:07AM
Hey Mike,

I am sorry to hear about the experience that you have had with this order. At this time the USB-C Drive Dock is expected to arrive tomorrow where we will ship out your order with expedited shipping.

We never want to hear that our service has not met all expectations but appreciate your honest feedback!

Please be on the lookout for an email as we will make sure to keep you well informed with the status of this order.

-OWC Dyllon
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 08, 2021 10:57AM
Welcome to the romper room, OWC Dyllon.
Posted by: Mike Johnson
Date: April 08, 2021 11:58AM
Thank you, Dyllon, and thank you for the kind email. I did not want to cancel the order because I want OWC to have the chance to get it right and figure out where things went wrong. We need more businesses like OWC.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 08, 2021 07:00PM
Bravo!
Posted by: hal
Date: April 08, 2021 09:24PM
"Larry, we've got another complaint on that forum."

Larry cusses, looks around... "Hey you - new kid..."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020