advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Recommendation Needed for monitoring android device
Posted by: macphanatic
Date: April 15, 2021 02:22PM
Trying to help a friend monitor his kid's device. He uses iOS devices but his kid has a cheap android phone. Is there a decent, inexpensive or better yet free way that he can monitor the phone?

Edit: It doesn't have to be covert as he has already told his kid what he wants to do and why. Before anyone passes judgement, it's not his kid that he's worried about. There are some extenuating circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 02:25PM by macphanatic.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Recommendation Needed for monitoring android device
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 15, 2021 02:24PM
Nope. Would be easy if his kid had an iOS device. Android is the opposite of safety and security.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 02:25PM by C(-)ris.
Date: April 15, 2021 02:32PM
C(-)ris
Nope. Would be easy if his kid had an iOS device. Android is the opposite of safety and security.

Not an option for the Dad to switch him to iOS at this time unfortunately.
Posted by: DP
Date: April 15, 2021 05:33PM
Android is the opposite of safety and security.

I've had Androids for years and have never had any issues whereas a few months ago my wife had her FB account on her iP7 hacked...

macphan-how close are you with these people? Could you buy, say, a refurb SE for the kid?

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: April 15, 2021 05:44PM
DP

I've had Androids for years and have never had any issues whereas a few months ago my wife had her FB account on her iP7 hacked...

macphan-how close are you with these people? Could you buy, say, a refurb SE for the kid?

Her Facebook account wasn't hacked because she was on an iPhone. She fell victim to social engineering most likely.

I have a half a dozen ways that the OPs friend could monitor and lock down an iPhone, including some ways that there is no possible way the child could remove it even after doing a factory reset, restore, or even a firmware flash.

It is impossible to do that on an Android phone. You cannot lock them down, a simple visit to a website can root some of them.

C(-)ris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 05:45PM by C(-)ris.
Date: April 15, 2021 05:50PM
DP

Switching him isn’t an option. Not getting into details.

If it makes it easier, father is willing to get an android device, but won’t use cell service with it.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 15, 2021 07:42PM
There are tons of decent and better than decent apps on the Play Store. I used Kids Zone and another before that, but they are not monitoring apps, per se. They stay within that walled garden, but you can add whatever you want into the app, and you can monitor what they do. I never monitored, but simply made another "user" so that when they got my phone (from me), they were relegated to the kids app.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 07:42PM by mrbigstuff.
Posted by: DP
Date: April 16, 2021 08:22AM
C(-)ris
DP

Her Facebook account wasn't hacked because she was on an iPhone. She fell victim to social engineering most likely.

I have a half a dozen ways that the OPs friend could monitor and lock down an iPhone, including some ways that there is no possible way the child could remove it even after doing a factory reset, restore, or even a firmware flash.

It is impossible to do that on an Android phone. You cannot lock them down, a simple visit to a website can root some of them.

Can you point me to some information about this? I'd like to know more..

A throwback image to celebrate Autumn.

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Date: April 16, 2021 12:08PM
The kid knows what Dad wants to do and isn't the issue. Just need to figure out the easiest/cheapest way for the father to monitor it.
Date: April 17, 2021 12:25AM
DP
C(-)ris
DP

Can you point me to some information about this? I'd like to know more..

Which part?

C(-)ris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020