advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
holy, 'monty' carlo?!....[ worse than Toobin? ] Canadian lawmaker mistakenly does this on zoom......
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 15, 2021 07:57PM
....undressed [ the full monty ].....his camera was 'accidentally' left on.......he was changing after jog.........all his colleagues saw him.......and somehow pics from the private zoom, where leaked......

.....on the positive side.....they say he was 'fit'......

Canadian lawmaker left his camera on as he undressed. His colleagues saw it all on Zoom.

....Canadian lawmakers were tuned remotely to a legislative session on Wednesday when suddenly, many noticed one particular Zoom feed.

In his tiny square on the Zoom grid stood William Amos, a member of Parliament from Quebec, nude.

As soon as Prime Minister Justin Trudeau finished answering a question in the main feed from the Parliament floor, a colleague swiftly drew attention to the incident — drawing laughs and rebukes from other lawmakers.

“We have seen that the member is in very good shape, but I think that this member should be reminded of what is appropriate and to control his camera,” said Claude DeBellefeuille, a fellow Quebecois lawmaker.

The incident has since gone viral, with Amos, 46, apologizing and explaining that his camera was “accidentally left on as I changed into work clothes after going for a jog.”

“I made a really unfortunate mistake today [and] obviously I’m embarrassed by it,” tweeted Amos, a member of the Liberal Party. “I sincerely apologize to all my colleagues in the House. It was an honest mistake and it won’t happen again.”

While many mocked Amos for the error, others raised concerns that screenshots of his nude mishap were leaked to the public from a video stream only visible to other lawmakers.

“I am very excited to see which MP, or party, goes to the Canadian public and explains how their nonconsensual sharing of an intimate image isn’t a violation of the Criminal Code of Canada,” Christopher Parsons, a researcher at the University of Toronto’s Citizen Lab, wrote on Twitter.

Amos is not the first public official caught in a compromising situation during a virtual legislative session. Last September, Juan Emilio Ameri, an Argentine lawmaker, was suspended for inappropriate conduct after he appeared on camera touching and kissing his wife during a virtual session of Congress, the Associated Press reported.

Ameri told a local radio station that he was “very ashamed,” adding he thought no one was watching his brief encounter with his wife because he had lost Internet connection moments before it came back, the AP reported.

Amos was first elected in 2015 to the House of Commons. The environmental lawyer represents Pontiac, a municipality in western Quebec with about 115,000 residents.

On Wednesday, the legislative body convened for a session in which some lawmakers, including Trudeau, met at the House chambers while others joined from home or an office via Zoom. For hours, lawmakers discussed bills focusing on the economy and abortion.

Later in the afternoon, lawmakers questioned Trudeau on multiple issues for about an hour. Then, just when House Speaker Anthony Rota announced the Q&A period was up, DeBellefeuille spoke up to note that a member of the House had broken a new “record” for failing to respect the dress code.

his.......'post'.......was probably visible......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 08:07PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: holy, 'monty' carlo?!....[ worse than Toobin? ] Canadian lawmaker mistakenly does this on zoom......
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 15, 2021 11:14PM
Holy Moly or maybe sacré bleu, it's a real Batman!
Re: holy, 'monty' carlo?!....[ worse than Toobin? ] Canadian lawmaker mistakenly does this on zoom......
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 16, 2021 05:42AM
OH Canada......

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 16, 2021 02:49PM
And this is why the camera on my laptop is covered with a folded piece of paper when I'm not using it. So I don't make a mistake. Like stand up and prove i'm only wearing boxers under my business casual logo work shirt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020