advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
“ Rediscovered Coffee Species Boosts Crop’s Climate Resilience Without Sacrificing Taste “
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 21, 2021 08:55PM
‘ Heat tolerance and flavor are what make this newly rediscovered coffee species, named Coffea stenophylla, special. It’s capable of growing in average yearly temperatures of around 77 degrees Fahrenheit, 11 to 12 degrees higher than Arabica, and, crucially, it’s much tastier than Robusta, the researchers report in a paper published this week in the journal Nature Plants. C. stenophylla’s temperature range actually extends 3.42 degrees Fahrenheit above the hardy, higher-caffeine Robusta.

"Being somebody who's tasted a lot of wild coffees they're not great, they don't taste like Arabica so our expectations were pretty low," Aaron Davis, head of coffee research at Royal Botanical Gardens Kew in the United Kingdom and lead author of the paper, tells BBC News. “We were completely blown away by the fact that this coffee tasted amazing.” ‘

[www.smithsonianmag.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Rediscovered Coffee Species Boosts Crop’s Climate Resilience Without Sacrificing Taste “
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 21, 2021 09:02PM
....what about the coffee from the critters poop.....that is very expensive.....????

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: “ Rediscovered Coffee Species Boosts Crop’s Climate Resilience Without Sacrificing Taste “
Posted by: DP
Date: April 22, 2021 06:09AM
Reading as I enjoy one of the simple pleasures of life-my first sips of my morning coffee...

Resident Cardinal...

Disclaimer: This post is checked for correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar. Any attempts at humor are solely the responsibility of the author and bear no claim that any and all readers will approve or appreciate said attempt at humor.
My name is DP, and I approve this message.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020