advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Planning Colorado Springs trip - any advice?
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: April 27, 2021 02:38PM
Hi

We're planning a trip to Colorado Springs in the summer, staying at a resort over there

The trip is for 4 nights

The plan is to fly into Denver and then make the 1.5 hour drive to CS

However, I was thinking about maybe first driving 1.5 hours in the opposite direction to Estes Park, spending the rest of the day there and then either driving back to Denver and staying overnight in a cheap hotel and then onwards to CS the next morning, OR driving straight from Estes to CS, probably about a 3 hour drive

Anyway, my wife and I have done Estes before, so this would be a quick few hours there for the kids to see before spending the bulk of our time at the resort in CS

The resort has a bunch of activities (ziplining, mountain biking, hiking, cog railway) but all of it at a steep cost, of course

We plan on trying to do some stuff outside the resort, including activities and food

Any suggestions for this? Food-wise, 75% of us are vegetarian (NOT vegan), but I figure Colorado to be a veg-friendly state (at least more so than Texas!)

Thanks in advance

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]
Subscribe here: [www.getrevue.co]

The Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Planning Colorado Springs trip - any advice?
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 27, 2021 02:39PM
Garden of the Gods is a neat place for the family.
Posted by: carl
Date: April 27, 2021 04:20PM
I second Acer's suggestion on visiting the Garden of the Gods.
Posted by: Golfer
Date: April 27, 2021 04:50PM
Flying W Ranch is a neat place to visit and the western BBQ is great, but not vegetarian friendly. If you're in Colorado a trip up Pikes Peak is mandatory. There is a ski resort just outside of Denver, Winter Park Resort, that has an alpine sled slide down the mountain in the summer, it's a fun trip. If you're going to Estes, might as well go through Rocky Mountain National Park too. The drive to Cripple Creek is scenic and it's a fun tourist trap. The Broadmoor Seven Falls is a scenic day as well. It's a bit of a drive from Colorado Springs, but Buckskin Joe's western theme park and Royal Gorge makes a fun day.

Edit - Oops, Buckskin Joe's is no more

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 04:56PM by Golfer.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: April 28, 2021 04:12PM
Thank you all for the responses, we'll use that info to better plan our trip
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020