advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
green with envy?!.....they've cast one of the Green Lanterns for the 'Green Lantern' TV series.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 30, 2021 10:27AM
.....on HBO Max.......Finn Wittrock cast as 'Guy Gardner'........the series will focus on many Green Lanterns...including Alan Scott, the 1st Green Lantern [ who later came out as gay ]......

Green Lantern: Finn Wittrock to Star as Guy Gardner in HBO Max Series

....One Green Lantern down, roughly a half-dozen more to go.

American Horror Story vet Finn Wittrock is set to star in HBO Max’s forthcoming Green Lantern series, which will depict the time-tripping adventures of a multitude of Lanterns.

Wittrock will play the Guy Gardner iteration of the superhero, a hulking mass of masculinity, and, as rendered in the comics, an embodiment of 1980s hyper-patriotism.

Green Lantern — co-written and exec-produced by Arrowverse overlord Greg Berlanti and Arrow/Legends of Tomorrow co-creator Marc Guggenheim — “reinvents the classic DC property through a story spanning decades and galaxies, beginning on Earth in 1941 with the very first Green Lantern, secretly gay FBI agent Alan Scott, and 1984, with cocky alpha male Guy Gardner and half-alien Bree Jarta.” They’ll be joined by other Lanterns — “from comic book favorites to never-before-seen heroes.”

When the ambitious DC superhero project was announced in 2019, Berlanti teased that Green Lantern “promises to be our biggest DC show ever made.”

not......Ryan Reynolds.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2021 10:39AM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: green with envy?!.....they've cast one of the Green Lanterns for the 'Green Lantern' TV series.....
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: May 01, 2021 12:09AM
The phrase “reinvents the classic DC property" does not bode well for the series. As I understand it the main complaint with the film version was that it played much too fast and loose with established canon by over-condensing and dumbing-down what should have been a much richer and more nuanced story.

WARNING- If I posted a link in the above message, assume it is at minimum "NSFW- Language". Occasionally you'll be wrong.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.

Resist the Thought Police: George Orwell's book 1984 was meant as a warning, not an instruction manual.

"Political correctness is just intellectual colonialism and psychological fascism for the creation of thought crime" - Steve Hughes

What's my "Super Power"? I can make active threads go stone-dead with a single post. I try to use this power only for good and not for evil but, you know... stuff happens.
Re: green with envy?!.....they've cast one of the Green Lanterns for the 'Green Lantern' TV series.....
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 02, 2021 09:25AM
Thrift Store Scott
The phrase “reinvents the classic DC property" does not bode well for the series. As I understand it the main complaint with the film version was that it played much too fast and loose with established canon by over-condensing and dumbing-down what should have been a much richer and more nuanced story.

The last decent treatment of the GL story was, so far as I was concerned, the animated "Green Lantern: First Flight" ... the voice characterizations for that were just great, as well as the story, direction, etc.

Why they couldn't have gotten Nathan Fillion for the role is beyond me. He would have made a great GL.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020