advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
I have tasted the gluten-free Oreo cookie and can report it’s basically just like the regular kind.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 30, 2021 12:27PM
Crappy.

I guess that’s a good outcome, consistency? It’s not a perfect substitute but close enough to make you just quit them all probably. It’s like the Impossible Whopper in that once you slather on enough condiments and bread, it’s not so terribly different from a regular Whopper and that both versions desperately depend on the slathering of condiments and bread to attain acceptability.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I have tasted the gluten-free Oreo cookie and can report it’s basically just like the regular kind.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 30, 2021 12:35PM
....but does it improve....one's....glutes.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: I have tasted the gluten-free Oreo cookie and can report it’s basically just like the regular kind.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: April 30, 2021 02:49PM
That's no surprise given that the texture of the Oreo cookie does not depend upon gluten the way a product such as bread does.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 30, 2021 03:23PM
The type of flour used for the wafers would be selected to be low gluten anyways. Reducing the gluten content wouldn't make much difference in taste or texture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 223
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020