advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Will two different phone systems with multiple handsets interfere with each other?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 01, 2021 11:53PM
I have one system but need another to go along with it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Will two different phone systems with multiple handsets interfere with each other?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 02, 2021 12:07AM
They might.

If you need more handsets, why not just get more handsets for your existing system?

Or replace the old system with a new system that has sufficient handsets?

Re: Will two different phone systems with multiple handsets interfere with each other?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 02, 2021 12:23AM
I was hoping to get a used system for not much money.
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 02, 2021 02:21AM
no. They won't.

I have 2 Panasonic systems, different models, no issue.

Think about it this way: if you lived in an apartment, you don't expect to have issues each time your neighbors use their phones.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 02, 2021 04:47AM
space-time
Think about it this way: if you lived in an apartment, you don't expect to have issues each time your neighbors use their phones.

Good point
Date: May 02, 2021 08:55AM
space-time

Many people do.

RF is not magic.

DECT 6 phones use 1.9GHz in the U.S. They won't interfere with most WiFi, but certainly can interfere with other DECT 6 phones. Other phones may use 2.4GHz which means they will potentially mess with WiFi and be messed up by WiFi.

Some phone systems are "smarter" than others about dealing with RF interference.

[answers.yahoo.com]

i just got a panasonic digital phone DECT 6.0 and when i called my best friend that lives like 30 miles away from me all of the sudden my 2 neighbors were on the phone with me telling me they can hear my conversation with anyone i talk to...

Date: May 02, 2021 10:09AM
DECT 6.0 is supposed to be encrypted, so I am not sure why those neighbors picked up the call. Also the fact that the best friend is 30 miles away is irrelevant. Details like these make me doubt the accuracy of these types of reports.

Anyway, YMMV. I never experience this kind of issues.
Date: May 02, 2021 12:07PM
space-time
DECT 6.0 is supposed to be encrypted...

The standard supports encryption.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Unfortunately very few DECT devices on the market implemented authentication and encryption procedures...

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 02, 2021 12:11PM
.....your wife will usually interfere with most of what you want to do......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Date: May 02, 2021 12:30PM
OK I rest my case. I never experienced issues with any modern cordless phones. as I said, YMMV.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020