advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
longing for adventure?!....you can now get AppleCare+ with 'Apple TV' but Apple just made a change.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 04, 2021 08:24PM
......they extended the length [ longer time ].....to three years, instead of two years of AppleCare+.....one extra year.......

Apple Extends Standard AppleCare Plans for Apple TV From Two Years to Three

.....Apple today emailed customers who have purchased a standard AppleCare plan for their Apple TV devices to let them know that coverage has been extended from two years to three years.

Customers who purchased AppleCare for the Apple TV will be now receiving a total of three years of coverage based on the date that they original bought the plan. AppleCare for Apple TV end dates will be automatically adjusted.

In the emails, Apple does not specify why it is extending the Apple TV AppleCare plans, but it is likely because of the transition to AppleCare+ for Apple TV, which Apple made available alongside the launch of the second-generation Apple TV 4K.

AppleCare+ for Apple TV is priced at $29, with a monthly purchase option also available.

one more.....year.......?!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2021 08:30PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: longing for adventure?!....you can now get AppleCare+ with 'Apple TV' but Apple just made a change.....
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 04, 2021 09:07PM
I understand AppleCare for an expensive laptop or Apple desktop. Laptops are easy to damage, Apple desktop are expensive to repair since they use proprietary parts.

I would never get a protection plan for a desktop PC where you can get inexpensive replacement parts from multiple vendors.

But for Apple TV, a small device with no moving parts, no screen to burn in, and it is under $200? I personally would never get extended warranty for this type of device.

YMMV of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2021 09:08PM by space-time.
Re: longing for adventure?!....you can now get AppleCare+ with 'Apple TV' but Apple just made a change.....
Posted by: Forrest
Date: May 04, 2021 10:10PM
If you live in an area with frequent lightning storms and the AppleTV is not plugged into a surge protector, AppleCare+ sounds like a good idea. Otherwise, not worth it.
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 04, 2021 10:47PM
Does it cover a lost remote?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 05, 2021 07:57AM
Sounds like these AppleCare policies are rarely used, if they're extending an extra year for no $$.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020